Brainchild of eccentric jazz muscian John Zorne who's fascination with bands like Corrosion Of Conformity, Napalm Death and Extreme Noise Terror led to the creation of the most spastic, mind blowing jazz-grind fusion act ever.The earlier work containing a vast array of influences and elements including but not limited to Thrash,Punk,Grind,Free Form Jazz and blues rock together, on top of this barrage, vocalist Yamatsuka Eye lets out an array of screaches ,howls and and other noise he could conjure(interestingly enough his parts where written down on paper like all the other members) . The bands later work found them venturing into a more ambient area. All of their albums are amazing and while some would turn their noses calling Johns short lived expressions pretentious, every short segment carries with them more power and intrigue then most artists could ever create and Naked City truly made their mark in the progression of metal and music as a whole.Torture Garden and S/T are personal favorites of mine and imo landmarks in the jazz/metal genre. ( Note= This music is fucked). Myspace
I recommend listening to either Osaka Bondage or Punk China Doll.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

i really like a lot of Zorn's stuff but i havent really paid attention to Naked City yet, ill check them out next week
Quote by greety

Yes we also shot JFK and faked the moon landing here at the UG Metal Forum.
Quote by Chugaroo

That was ummm... different to say the least.

And thats where the beauty of it is
Quote by Steve08

Not metal.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
They have enough thrash/grind elements that i would say they fit into the metal genre.It's obviously not JUST metal. But if Between The Buried And Me can be discussed hear then i think so could these guys.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
They have enough thrash/grind elements that i would say they fit into the metal genre.It's obviously not JUST metal. But if Between The Buried And Me can be discussed hear then i think so could these guys.

Well, BTBAM are very much a metal band and the only reason they would not be in here is the metalcore trafficking to the hardcore forum, whereas Naked City are not a metal band in any real way.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by duncang
Well, BTBAM are very much a metal band and the only reason they would not be in here is the metalcore trafficking to the hardcore forum, whereas Naked City are not a metal band in any real way.

BTBAM's only "metal" elements are actually prog rock elements, the rest is core. Naked City have real metal elements(Grind structuring and thrash riffs). They are much more 'metal' then BTBAM. If the mods feel that their not metal enough then they can close this thread. Until then fackk off.

Anyways, i absolutely love this bands vocals, so original and spastic.
Quote by Steve08

I wouldn't call them metal. Avant jazz with some grindcore / hardcore influence. Have any of you checked out Painkiller? Very similar to NC, but featured Napalm Death members. Jazz with grind drums and Eye's vocals.
John Zorn is the ****ing man. Have you ever listened to Old? It's got Alan Dubin from Khanate, and this other guy whose really good, and John Zorn was buddies with them, I think he produced them or something. It's wild ****.
CAN YOU FEEL THE GROOVE?
Zappa should've made metal too.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by Riffmast
BTBAM's only "metal" elements are actually prog rock elements, the rest is core.

1. See sig.

2. The rest is metalcore...yes. So they are a metal band. Like I said, the reason that they wouldn't be in here is because of the metalcore threads going in the Hardcore forum, not because they aren't metal. Naked City are far far less a metal band. They are, first and foremost a jazz band.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
I heard their music used in the movie Funny Games, which I highly recommend. I've started listening to them in earnest and I'm really impressed.

I realize this is thread necromancy, but whatever.
I yam what I yam
Haha, I never knew how annoying Duncan was back then...

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
I have been trying to remember the name of this band forever.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
My 2008 threads were the best, my favorite was the one were i bashed new Katatonia and At The Gates and got everyone into a hig hissy fit/arguement. Was good times, one of the first real debates i can recall on this forum.

Also it seems that my war on BTBAM showed some results, they are hardly discussed hear anymore, ilu forum .
Quote by Steve08