I'm thinking about lowering the action on my epi LP standard (just the plain old tune-o-matic and stop bar) i know its easy to do, im worried about the measurements though. is there set heights that are recommended, and will i have to adjust intonation and all that?
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
Quote by cobaindrix
I'm thinking about lowering the action on my epi LP standard (just the plain old tune-o-matic and stop bar) i know its easy to do, im worried about the measurements though. is there set heights that are recommended, and will i have to adjust intonation and all that?

well if your a Intonation freak than yeah you might have to do some neck adjustments

but its not very noticable when you lower the action on your Tune-o-matic

theyre amazing bridges just trust it

and beleive me it'll be much better after you lower the action
just keep lowering it until you get some buzz
then go up VERY little bits at a time until you dont hear the buzz anymore
than you'll have your action as low as you SHOULD go
so i shouldn't have any buzz when i give it a good hard strum? i used to have an sg that was pretty low and it had a little bit of buzz that i didn't mind at all

HAHA!
I hate buzzing. I adjusted my LP style ESP Eclipse just the way he mentioned it. I lowered it, it buzzed like crazy, then I incrementally raised it till it stopped. I could porbably get it a tad lower if a tech did it, but its not that big of a deal.
is it just me or is it somewhat harder to shred with the tune-o-matic bridge then say a strat?
i think the strings are further from the body so it did take a bit to get used to having my palm further from the body, so i guess shredding could feel different

HAHA!