www.guitarvirtuoso.net

It looks nice, but it advertises itself sort of like a ****ty self-help book.

I've read the guy's articles on insaneguitar.com and they're great, but I don't know if I should go ahead and put cash down.
This is one of the many things that can be helpfull but usually just suck dick. They always promise more than they can achieve, seem to think that every last person on earth playing guitar is the same and is capable of achieving everything they say in their said time.

The problem with teachers is that some just don't have the patience to wait for a students practices of wich they've forgotten how long it took them to aquire the techniques.

The pro's are that there can't be anyone to bitch on you, and you can take your time.
The cons however is that you have to be very perceptive about doing it exactly as they say if it's right at all.

It will help as will everything you don't know yet, but take these big promise books with quite a grain of salt.

edit: plus everything in there can usually be found for free on the internet.

Are you interested in getting actual results when you practice?

Have patience

Are you interested in learning the secrets behind wicked technique?

There are none, just practice and pay attention to what you're doing. If I can find out how to sweep on my own anyone can.

Are you interested in being able to communicate your emotions more effectively through your playing?

experience tells more than any technique, this is one of the reasons old people can usually play better but not as fast. They have more life and experiences and had more time to learn how to tell them through their instruments. It's an emotional thing you can't practice this on your own, you have to learn from your guitar not on.

Are you interested in learning the true secret behind permanent motivation?

This will be either a nasty hard hitting parent or utter dedication and love from the player. Since everyone is different this can't be taught.

Are you interested in learning about how to be a master on stage and how to stun your crowds?

Experience once again, and will every crowd be the same? How does a book know what you're gonna do?

Are you interested in learning how to put together an effective band and actually succeed in the music business?

Some do some don't, if you do I recomment you become a scholar in laws and such instead of concentrating on music

Are you interested in learning valuable life lessons that can help make you an unstoppable force that can accomplish any of your dreams and desires?

You can't accomplish all your dreams and desires, this would be a very perverted and cruel world if we could and the ways to doing so would most certainly not be in a 20 dollar book. And how does a friggin book know what I want anyway?

Are you interested in getting better tones in the recording studio?

Hire a better producer.

Would you like to know the secret to having incredible endurance and finger strength?

Practice, practice, practice, practice.]

Are you struggling with a particular technique like alternate picking?

see above mentioned method.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Last edited by FretboardToAsh at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by FretboardToAsh

Are you interested in learning the true secret behind permanent motivation?

This will be either a nasty hard hitting parent or utter dedication and love from the player. Since everyone is different this can't be taught.

LOL. Nice. And to the TS, there are tons of free places to learn, you just gotta look. You're at one the best right now, actually. Another one is Cyberfret.com, and Jamcenter.com . Take the scales & theory, you learn here and on other websites, and get some hands on experience with backing tracks and such. Good luck, patience is definitely a virtue here.