I bought a 4GB Sandisk micro SD card today, and an adapter so I can plug it into my computer, and it doesn't work. The computer doesn't recognise that anything has been plugged into it, and when I put it into my phone, it doesn't recognise that it's in there, but then in about 10 seconds, it says that it's been removed. It's really annoying me

Any ideas how I can fix it?
Make sure it isn't locked. There's a slider on the card... I THINK. There is on regular SD cards but it's been awhile since I touched a micro sd.
There's one on the adapter. Checked that and it wasn't locked, so I even switched it over anyway and it didn't work. It's annoying.
Hmm. Well, this is my other theory. Typically 4gb sd cards mean they're HC. I can't tell you much about SDHC cards really except that whatever you put it inside of, it needs to be SDHC compatible. So, it wouldn't surprise me if the SD card reader in your computer as well as your cell phone was not SDHC compatible. I use a SDHC card with my Nintendo DS to play Roms, and I cannot have a regular DS card reader like I could with a non-HC card. I have to get a special one.

So that is my theory. Maybe research a little into that.
Quote by Shawnstoppable
Hmm. Well, this is my other theory. Typically 4gb sd cards mean they're HC. I can't tell you much about SDHC cards really except that whatever you put it inside of, it needs to be SDHC compatible. So, it wouldn't surprise me if the SD card reader in your computer as well as your cell phone was not SDHC compatible. I use a SDHC card with my Nintendo DS to play Roms, and I cannot have a regular DS card reader like I could with a non-HC card. I have to get a special one.

So that is my theory. Maybe research a little into that.

You may be right. The adapter and the SD card are both SDHC, so it is possible. I used one that my mum had but she couldn't put stuff on it anymore, and that worked in my phone. So maybe I'll have to go back tomorrow and exchange it.
The 4gb Micro SD for nokia is like the 2gb Memory Stick ProDuo for Sony Ericsson, they just never work lol. I am, of course, assuming that you have a Nokia
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
The 4gb Micro SD for nokia is like the 2gb Memory Stick ProDuo for Sony Ericsson, they just never work lol. I am, of course, assuming that you have a Nokia

I have a motorola. And I had the same brand, but a 1gb version working just last sunday
Quote by sunnysayshi
Driver maybe?
EDIT:Read about the phoe part... So maybe not.

Fixed
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Quote by fretsonfire74
But you only changed the exclamation and question marks.

It was annoying, that's all
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~