what does this mean or what should i do
TNX

--^--
b b
-----
Last edited by zizkio46 at Jun 21, 2008,
play the slurred notes smoothly
its the opposite of staccato
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
It's a tie, you play one note for the duration of both notated notes.
^ that's right, it's a tie.

What you do is play one note for as long as the two notes tied last.

eg, if there are two quavers tied then the note you play lasts one crotchet.

or if there is two minims tied then the note you play would last a semibreve.

12345abcd3
so in tab if it is
5_7 5_7 (all on the same string/line also i put a line but it is more curved for a tie)
I play 5 then 7 only once or twice? I confused? How do you hold the first note? Simplify this, i cant grasp it, sorry.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
If there is a 'curve' from one note to another, it is a tie, and you play the note once and hold it out for the duration of the two notes. if the 'curve' is over two different notes, its a slur and means to play it smooth and connected
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
how do you hold out the 5 over the 7 if they are on the same line?
how would the curve be over two different notes? like what i showed 5curved7 (5_7)? Smooth and connected is that like a slow slide?

So a tie is 5 curve or for my sake 5_
a slur is 5 curve 7 or 5_7
Is this right?

sorry im slow, lol.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
a tie would be 5curve5 or 5_5
a slur would be 5curve7 or 5_7

so yeah, and a slur just means legato i'm pretty sure, so normally a slur would be over a phrase, not just two notes, and you could use all hammers or pulls in order to make it smooth. A slide would probably work too, though.
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.