Hey, I am new here, but I relise that this is probably done to death by now....but i was wondering what kind of guitar i should get, i already have a les paul copy and a peavey rage 158 transtube...now i am 17 and don't have a real lot of money, anything under about 600 would be fine. I play anything from rock to metal, so something to could do both and anything in between. I have been looking around myself and kind of leaning towards a Jackson or an Ibanez. I relise that my amp isn't the best, so if you guys could also recomend a new amp(not included in the price of 600) that would be great.

Thanks guys and gals

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i live in Australia so prices aren't all that cheap, so if anyone nows a website that delivers to Australia or a decent Australian website that would be great.
Last edited by Fozzy_87 at Jun 21, 2008,
well 99.9% of people on this board will be like OMG GET TEH IBANEZORZ!!!!!!!!111111!!!!1111 but i actually reccomend a jackson rr3 its about £400 on the net so that leaves you money for a better amp aswell, it has a great metal sound and a great clean sound aswell which is awsome so it is very versatile.
jacksons are great, anything from the pro line should be around that price.

as for an amp, iv been hearing good things about the valve king from peavy
Quote by mrbungle50221
well 99.9% of people on this board will be like OMG GET TEH IBANEZORZ!!!!!!!!111111!!!!1111 but i actually reccomend a jackson rr3 its about £400 on the net so that leaves you money for a better amp aswell, it has a great metal sound and a great clean sound aswell which is awsome so it is very versatile.

i have to agree about the jackson comment, i have a rr3 and it is a beast. verry good guitar.
Alright will keep the rr3 in mind, thanks for that.

EDIT: No the rr3, is about $1400 here in Australia, yeah i know a rip off but still can't do much about it.
Last edited by Fozzy_87 at Jun 21, 2008,
was also looking at maybe a epiphone x-plorer, any good, or should i stick with the ibanez or jackson