Which is a better head?
Im looking for some high ass gain and ive narrowed it down to these 2 amps.
Which is better if they are even different and if so which is better for a lead guitar position in a deathmetal / heavy metal band.
They are identical, so go for whatever one you can find cheaper.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
They are identical, so go for whatever one you can find cheaper.

Thanks Man, i wasnt sure if one was slightly different but ill go for that.

Also Is the + worth it with the second eq?
I would personally say yes.
There are a few differences between the 5150II/6505+ and their respectable non II/+ versions:

I found the difference in tone to be negligible - the difference in cleans is a bit more pronounced than the difference in gain, but like I said, others disagree.
      Quote by Pookie6
      Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
      For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
      I dont like the MK2's or the Plus's, they have more versatility but dont have the balls of the MK1's. I've A/B'd all 4 heads with several cabs so its and educated opinion. If you just want a pure brutal metal sound and arent bothered about versatility go with the MK1's.
      Quote by IbanezPsycho
      There's alot of rumors, myths and opinions about these amps. The bottom line is test all of them out and see which one you think sounds better to you.

Exactly.