I've never played through a hartke amp before, but I've read that they're quite reasonable. I'm thinking of hartke seeing as theyre not too expensive. Anybody know if hartke cabinets or heads sound any good?
I have a Hartke HA3500 bass amp combo (For guitar tbh, I use a marshall head before it) and it's really good, good volume, good tone, good everything, can't complain. And I've heard it's really good with Bass.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Hartke, in my opinion, is one of the best amps I've ever played out of. I prefer them to every other kind of amp out there.
I have a 4X10 Transporter Series and I love the way that thing sounds, all the lows you need and all the highs aswell. I'm definitely buying another one.
I saw go for it man, but try one out first, I've met a couple people who aren't as enthusiastic about them as I am. although I can't tell why.
i was thinking of getting a hartke rig a while back but money troubles put an end to it. the one i tried was fantastic value for money, as jesstaa said good tone, good volume.

on the subject of hartke has anyone actually called the number that's supposedly larry hartke's cell phone in the hartke advert?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I have a Hartke 30watt bassamp, don't really know the name of the model..

It's a really great amp when it's working, but I have had alot of problems with it and it has been to reparations many, many times. Eventually I had to swap it for a new amp that was the same model.

I'd recommend it to you though, because I think it was just my particular amp that was malfunctioning from horrible treatment by me!
I've played through the 3500, with two matching Hartke cabs, and it made my POS bass that I had at the time sound amazing!
I'd definately get Hartke if I had the cash.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by skater dan0
i was thinking of getting a hartke rig a while back but money troubles put an end to it. the one i tried was fantastic value for money, as jesstaa said good tone, good volume.

on the subject of hartke has anyone actually called the number that's supposedly larry hartke's cell phone in the hartke advert?

yes i have, and he answers, and will literally talk to you about bass, or anything, for as long as you'll talk, unless he has to do something of course.

hes a contact in my cell fone.

lol.
I'm not a huge fan of hartke amps, the cabs are great tho. It all depends on what the tone you like, and hartkes have a high end sound that I couldnt get rid no matter how i EQ'd it
I've got a Hartke 2500 Head. Its nice, i like it
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I've been looking at the Hartke HA3500 and was confused and suss about the selectable valve/solid state preamps. The support for Hartke seems pretty good so I'm quite confident I'm worrying about bugger all. Just wanna know if anyone has this head and if they'd recommend it to me.
I play the HA2500 through the VX 4x10 and a VX1x15 with a shelf in it

I get what I want out of it

its pretty awesome

really good volume

Great value for the money

I want to upgrade to the HA3500 soonish

or get a Gallien Kruger 800RB, and have it insanely bright and run it through my 4x10 and make my hartke nice and deep and biamp it through my 1x15 aaw yea.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
I've got a 5500 and it's a solid head, it sounds great especially for the price. The sliding EQ can be hard to work with at first, but the Fitz has a blog on equalization that really helped me out.

The two SS and Tube EQs do just what the say they do, one emulates a tube sound and one emulates a SS sound. I normally use all tube and no SS and sounds as good as any other tube amp I've used. You can mix them if you want to, which I've tried but I don't notice much difference unless I have one cranked and the other at zero.
Quote by silverchairman
I've been looking at the Hartke HA3500 and was confused and suss about the selectable valve/solid state preamps. The support for Hartke seems pretty good so I'm quite confident I'm worrying about bugger all. Just wanna know if anyone has this head and if they'd recommend it to me.

Its still solid state, just that its valve emulated (or it is in mine at least!)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
the 2500 has an emulated tube preamp the 3500 and 5500 have a real tube preamp and solid state preamp

indie is the 2500 loud enough to compete with 2 guitars and a loud drummer at gigging volumes possibly without DI or micing
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'm Seriously Considering a Hartke 3500, but I don't know which one to get (Head+Cab with a 4x10 or combo)

Also, With the Combo, I heard it had 4 Ohm Speakers, but the guy at Guitar factory is Convinced that it Runs off 8 so you can have an Extension Speaker, anyone know which is right? or both?
I have a 2500 into a 210 cab, it's great for everything I've thrown at it. I haven't had it for very long, so I still don't really know my way around the EQ, but I'm sure it will only get better with time. Unfortunately, at band practice I use an Orange AD500B into my 210 cab, and that pretty much blows every amp in the world out of the water.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite