hello folks I am from the Uk & wanted some help on picking the right guitar I am a bedroom strummer I like blues & some rock I like the stones & the eagles etc, I have a prs santana that i am pleased with but would like to get another guitar (as most people do..lol) I have about £300 to spend. In my local store i have seen 2 guitars that I liked the look of (I havent tried them yet) one was a epiphone firebird & the other was a tokai copy of a rickenbacker . It was their shapes that attracted me and as i am quite new to guitars I wanted some feed back from you guys as to which guitar you would choose ? ie build quality & tones etc. I dont intend to ever gig it & it will be used mostly for chord work . I hope you can help & if you can suggest any other models that i should consider then that would be great...thanks
it's probably much of a muchness if you're talking about korean/chinese tokais (though the tokais might be a little better value). if you can stretch to a japanese tokai, though, that's a different story (might have to go second-hand).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
only other thing is to make sure you try similar models of each- there's not much point in comparing a tokai ricky copy to an epi firebird... there's a tokai model of the firebird too (it's not japanese, unfortunately).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?