What is better for metal ?
Valve King 112 + bad monkey
Classic 30 + some distortion pedal
I should chose one in the next few hours .
So please help me
Valveking out of those two, but I'd pick up a Randall RG50TC over a VK any day.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
If you don't like the C30 drive channel and you don't want the cleans the VK is probably better for you. Although with a C30 and the Jekyll and Hyde pedal I got an OD equal as good if not better than the VK IMO. But I really like the Drive Channel of the C30 and thats what I used mostly so that was the selling point for me, the C30 dive tone>VK although not better for metal, its just a better sounding amp and a much better built amp as far as quality goes.
Can I play metal(heavy, power and thrash) on classic 30+digitech metal master? I have never played one of these two . I should order one of these two in next few hours .
I saw good comment about c30 but not for metal, but valve kings commets without speaker and tube replacement were mostly not good.
help!!!
Metal master is mediocre at best, if you go with the C30 I would look into a Metal Muff, or possible a Jekyll and Hyde.
Don't get the VK 112 if you wanna play metal, i have one and it's far from good enough for metal. And it's REALLY bad at dealing with pedals (at least with my boss mt-2 metal zone).
Quote by Saitoh
Don't get the VK 112 if you wanna play metal, i have one and it's far from good enough for metal. And it's REALLY bad at dealing with pedals (at least with my boss mt-2 metal zone).

It's better for metal than the C30 though...
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Saitoh
(at least with my boss mt-2 metal zone).

That was your problem the MT-2 is far from a good example of good distortion pedal. I don't even consider them mediocre
It will not sound good with a Digitech metal master, C30s do not like modeling pedals.

Personally, I stick an Overdrive in front of my C30 and it gets preety heavy. But that is also becuase i'm running the preamp gain all the way up and I've got hi-gain JJ tubes.

What kind of metal are you talking about?
I think a C30 with an overdrive, especially if you got an EQ pedal as well, would sound far better than a valveking for most kinds of metal, though maybe not ultra-modern deathcore br00talz. You might also want to consider a XXX combo, though I believe (not entirely sure) that they were discontinued so you'd have to go used.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
I've got a demo in my profile where i play some pretty metal sounding things in it. Take a look at it. The VK can do some metal, but I have been told the C30 has excellent cleans and a more classic rockish oriented overdrive channel.

If you want the ultimate metal combo from peavey, the 40 watt XXX combo is the way to go.
Quote by Sadistic sponge
I've got a demo in my profile where i play some pretty metal sounding things in it. Take a look at it. The VK can do some metal, but I have been told the C30 has excellent cleans and a more classic rockish oriented overdrive channel.

If you want the ultimate metal combo from peavey, the 40 watt XXX combo is the way to go.

Damn, that was good stuff bro. I wish I could play like that. I think this was a very good representation of this amp. Are those stock speakers?

For those that have not listened the heavier stuff starts in at around 5 minutes in. Long demo, but worth a listen.

For those that say this amp can't do clean stuff - Listen
For those that say this amp can't do metal - Listen

*Adds to favorites*
PS. Got my Broadband back...Yey!
^ thanks alot, i'm flattered. It's a totally stock amp and stock guitar with some really old ratty strings on it. most of the demo was going straight into the amp but some parts had the TS9 dx in the loop as well.

In a different thread you asked if you could link to the demo and I didn't say anything so i'll say it here: link away.
Nice clips Sponge. I'm really quite impressed - I guess you've had more time to play with the amp than I've had. One thing though:

Birthday : November 30, 1999

Education : In college

Smoker : No

Drinker : No

No way are you 9 years old
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

VK and a bad monkey is for a more tube-e sound.

for metal...

possibly a randall if it's in your price range.
Quote by Yngwi3
Nice clips Sponge. I'm really quite impressed - I guess you've had more time to play with the amp than I've had. One thing though:

No way are you 9 years old

No, I'm 20. Didn't notice it said that. Thanks.