Loosen the nuts or tighten em at the neck

Cant rememebr which way round it is

Worked for me : )
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
I would wager that its a loose neck, like these guys are saying. Since your increasing the tension on the strings, your putting strain on the neck that might be moving it slightly, hence the creaking,
Quote by Sadistic sponge
I would wager that its a loose neck, like these guys are saying. Since your increasing the tension on the strings, your putting strain on the neck that might be moving it slightly, hence the creaking,

wouldnt i be decreasing? it doesnt make noise when im pulling up. the noise is coming from the inside of the whole length of the neck.

so should i tighten the bolts?
it could be one of the wound strings sticking in the nut. if you've put on larger gauge strings?
that coud be the issue..........try some new stings and lube the nut.
I assumed you were doing high pitched bombs, which involve raising the tension on the strings. the booming low pitched ones do involve decreasing the strain, which can also cause the neck to act weirdly.
A lot of people don't realize they put a lot of force on the neck to hold the guitar in place when you divebomb and thus caused the neck to shift. It often gets worse in the summer months for obvious reasons.
Quote by myearshurt
Ok, turns out it was the nut. When I tighten them, divebombing makes a noise. When they're loosened, there's no noise, but then the strings don't stay in tune.

Lube it, it helps a lot.
Graphite's good. Just grab a soft pencil and lube away.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!