Hi guys this is my first post here. I've visited these forums a lot in the past and thought I should sign up. Anyway to get to my point:

Basically I'm looking to buy a new guitar and after looking online I've gathered a few that I'm interested in. I'm currently playing an Ibanez RGA121 Prestige which is a great guitar though it has a fixed bridge (which is great because I change tuning often) and I want to get a guitar with a tremolo. It has a natural flat wood finish and my friends (bandmates) keep bugging me that it looks geeky though I really like it myself and intend to keep it. I used to own a BC-Rich Warlock neck through model with an Original Floyd Rose and I miss all the whammy effects. I'm playing mostly metal at the moment but I'm still on the search to find a tone that suits me as I listen to/play many different styles and bands etc.

My problem is that where I live (Greece) We don't really have huge guitar stores with every single guitar you could hope for so I don't really have the option to play the guitars before I order them so I'll probably be ordering from the guitar store in the links further up who has good prices and a 30 day money back guarantee so I can ship the guitar back if it ends up not suiting my taste.

Anyway on to the guitars. I'm between these 4 at the moment:

Ibanez RG3520Z prestige
ESP Horizon FR-2
ESP M-II EMG Neck through
ESP SV standard (Maybe)

The Ibanez is very similar to my current guitar with the exception of the DiMarzio pickups (my guitar has Ibanez V8/V7s in it) So I expect it to sound pretty close with the benefit of having a Tremolo. I read that the Edge Zero Tremolo Is pretty good though I also read that you can't bend all the way down as you can with an Original FR so if anyone has any experience playing this guitar or even a guitar with this tremolo could they give me some feedback on this? I know that there is an Ibanez Dealer somewhere close by so I'm going to go take a look and see if they have this model at some point.

As for the ESPs I don't think there are any dealers close to where I live (or even in this country for that matter) but I've read/heard nothing but good words about them and I've tried to watch as many videos or listen to sound clips of people playing these guitars as I can and they sound great, but of course everyone has different gear etc and It isn't the same but as I said I can always return the guitar If I'm not happy with it.

At the Moment I'm leaning towards the ESP M-II though I find the flat black finish a little dull and I prefer the looks of the Horizon, though I don't have any experience with Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Generally I'm looking around the price range of 1500-1700 euros (2000+ USD?), or basically a top end guitar without being overpriced. My ideal Guitar would be Alder body, Maple neck, Original Floyd Rose trem, 24 jumbo frets with a thin neck for fast leads, an EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG 83/60 in the neck position, but it's really hard to find a guitar with everything I want so these 4 are the closest I could find that I also really like visually. The SV is kind of a special case because though I really like the way it looks I'm not quite sure I want to get a V shaped guitar at this point.

Any advice on this matter would be quite appreciated.
Quote by WARLOCK123
why did you get rid of your bc rich warlock

Maybe because they're shit probably.
You should look into one of the new Ibanez S-Prestige or SV-Prestige. 24 Fret, Wizard Prestige neck, ZPS trem.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500
out of the ones you mentioned I would go for the horizon, but I can really attest to the quality of jackson guitars. I bought a second hand flying V (not expensive really, but I planned on doing it up) and even though its not one of the expensive models, the build quality and playability is excellent.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Horlicks: I'm not so sure about the jackson because it has a Licensed Trem and as I understand those are lower quality than Originals though I think I might be able to find one to try out so I'll see.

Warlock123: Though it was a great guitar I found it to be a little heavy and it was quite big in size though It sounded great and played really well. I got a good deal trading it for my current Ibanez so yeah.
Last edited by chaosbringer99 at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
Maybe because they're shit probably.

i know some of them are **** but he said he liked the whammy effects. if you liked a guitar would you get rid of it.
Quote by chaosbringer99
Horlicks: I'm not so sure about the jackson because it has a Licensed Trem and as I understand those are lower quality than Originals though I think I might be able to find one to try out so I'll see.

It's a decent trem, I wouldn't see licenced vs. OFR as a black and white argument. There are many trems out there that are arguably better than the OFR. I would say the JT580LP is a very good trem, maybe not as good as OFR but still great.
Quote by Ljk825
You should look into one of the new Ibanez S-Prestige or SV-Prestige. 24 Fret, Wizard Prestige neck, ZPS trem.

Yeah I've given them a look when I was looking at other Ibanez Models and though they look great hardware wise I don't really like the color/finishes and It's kind of an important factor for me. I'm generally looking for a black or see through black guitar, though of course if I see something else that I think looks good I'll make an exception. I don't really like bright colorful guitars. The Ibanez S5470 prestige looks quite good in biker's black though I don't really like the texture of it.
Last edited by chaosbringer99 at Jun 21, 2008,
There was meant to be an issue with the Ibanez S series trem though. Something about really bad sustain, like REALLY bad
Quote by Horlicks
There was meant to be an issue with the Ibanez S series trem though. Something about really bad sustain, like REALLY bad

ouch... well anyway I'm pretty sure there's an Ibanez dealer around so I'm going to go give em a visit and see what they've got. I'll also take a look at the jackson if I can find it. Anyone have any experience with the ESPs though?
Quote by chaosbringer99
Yeah I've given them a look when I was looking at other Ibanez Models and though they look great hardware wise I don't really like the color/finishes and It's kind of an important factor for me. I'm generally looking for a black or see through black guitar, though of course if I see something else that I think looks good I'll make an exception. I don't really like bright colorful guitars. The Ibanez S5470 prestige looks quite good in biker's black though I don't really like the texture of it.

Well this is not a 24 fret, however it is still an S-series.... Personally, I love this finish but dont want anything to do with EMGs or EMG designed pickups. I bought an '03 S470 in All Black gloss, because I didnt like the current S-series colors... It did take me 3 weeks and an eBay purchase to get it, but I ended up paying $330 and it was brand spankin new.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S620EXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512501
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500