Hey, wanna talk about public enemy? The greatest rap group ever? Hey?
two and a half men.
Already been a few threads on them, and I would have to say Wu lay claim to that title.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by soccermom
Already been a few threads on them, and I would have to say Wu lay claim to that title.

I would have to say the Wu Tang comes in close second.
two and a half men.
Quote by pwnerer
I would say that blackstar takes the cake....

Hard to say that when they haven't even dropped a sophomore album yet.

Although it does kick ass!

PE are a quality rap group though TS. Fear of a Black Planet owns.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka

Their one album is enough to be declared the best... its THAT good....

But I digress...

I don't know that much about PE, so excuse me if I'm wrong... but aren't they anti-semitic? Not in an obvious way, like hitler style, but in a more subtle way...
Well they are linked with Farrakhan and the nation of islam, both of which have been accused of anti-semitism in the past, with Farrakhan even being dubbed 'Black Hitler' at one time. So meh you never know.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
I would put Wu-Tang ahead of Public Enemy, and say that N.W.A. is not too far behind.
To be honest, I can't stand Public Enemy. I respect their influence on rap and hip hop, but they just don't do it for me.

On topic of the greatest rap group ever, I think A Tribe Called Quest deserves a mention.
Benny Benassi won a grammy for his remix of "Bring the Noise" check it out
PE are amazing.

One of the few rap groups I can stand to listen to, along with NWA.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
theyre not bad. honestly i havent listened to a whole lot of their stuff. i did see them live last year at Rock the Bells, and they were pretty good. they had Scott Ian come out to play with them on Bring the Noise.
Quote by pwnerer
Their one album is enough to be declared the best... its THAT good....

But I digress...

I don't know that much about PE, so excuse me if I'm wrong... but aren't they anti-semitic? Not in an obvious way, like hitler style, but in a more subtle way...

I don't think Chuck D is anti-semetic but I think Terminator x was.
two and a half men.
Quote by walkinbazooka

Wait....like....Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet? Who borrowed from who?

Either way it's got me makin' lols.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by figsandbobo
Wait....like....Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet? Who borrowed from who?

Either way it's got me makin' lols.

Fear of a black planet was released almost 20 years before Porcupine Tree's album.
two and a half men.
Quote by soccermom
Well they are linked with Farrakhan and the nation of islam, both of which have been accused of anti-semitism in the past, with Farrakhan even being dubbed 'Black Hitler' at one time. So meh you never know.

No, Professor Griff was linked when he was in P.E. That is why P.E. had beef with him later on when they stopped working together. Chuck was never that anti-semetic just anti-capitalist. Flav was just retarded so he was just the hype man.

P.E. was class though. Public Enemy's Greatest Misses was my first CD eva! (CD media not album. Heh) Check out 'It Takes a Nation of Millions' to get some good P.E. 'Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos' is straight dope.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
One of the two groups that really got me interested in rap music. It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back is a classic in every sense... but the Wu and ATCQ are both better.
Quote by Liam Alan
No, Professor Griff was linked when he was in P.E. That is why P.E. had beef with him later on when they stopped working together. Chuck was never that anti-semetic just anti-capitalist. Flav was just retarded so he was just the hype man.

P.E. was class though. Public Enemy's Greatest Misses was my first CD eva! (CD media not album. Heh) Check out 'It Takes a Nation of Millions' to get some good P.E. 'Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos' is straight dope.

" I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it, It said they was suckas "

thats so funny, I love that song
two and a half men.
/thread. Steven Stills once said somthing like "When those guys sample- they pay" in contrast to ****-house modern rap rip off artists, that says alot i think.

Public Enemy also have great remixes, Anthrax one in particular.
Quote by KevVin
/thread. Steven Stills once said somthing like "When those guys sample- they pay" in contrast to ****-house modern rap rip off artists, that says alot i think.

Public Enemy also have great remixes, Anthrax one in particular.

I can't stand anthrax's Brind the noise. I love both the bands but I just can't listen to that.
two and a half men.