I've been thinking about the pedal board I eventually want to own and I want to include a tuner stomp box, most of the other pedals I get are probably going to end up being boss but can the £55 price tag of the boss TU-2 really be justified? It seems really expensive for something that is just a tuner?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
I received one for Christmas so I can't vouch for the price, but it is an excellent tuner.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
I got mine on craigslist for a bit cheaper than retail. I actually don't really like it for bass because I go to Drop D for about half of my bands usual set and the tracking time on the tuner is a little slower than I'd like. I'd say go with a used Korg rack tuner. The TU-2 is great for guitar, but it responds a little slow on bass.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Although I've never owned one, pedal tuners have always seemed frightfully useful. However, the Boss' price tag is pretty hefty, I'm sure there are cheaper ones.

I believe behringer do one for an alright price, can their pedals be trusted?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
Quote by FenderKid87
No.

Ah ok How about Ashdown pedals? I'm not sure if they do a tuner but I like the look of their pedals.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
I don't think they make a tuner but their pedals seem to be pretty nice. I'd check out Korg floor and rack tuners. It's not that the TU-2 is bad, I just get super impatient onstage and get pissed when something takes longer than I want it to.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Quote by FenderKid87
I got mine on craigslist for a bit cheaper than retail. I actually don't really like it for bass because I go to Drop D for about half of my bands usual set and the tracking time on the tuner is a little slower than I'd like. I'd say go with a used Korg rack tuner. The TU-2 is great for guitar, but it responds a little slow on bass.

A little picky are we? I have this tuner and my band plays in drop D, works perfect. Boss is awesome, this tuner is great. Built like a tank aswell.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Why? It's a tuner, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong.

I thoght that about a £5 tuner I picked up then it died at a gig when I was about to go on stage .
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Really? I have a really cheap tuner and it's served me extremely well. It was about the same price. Did you check the batteries?

I tried it again after the gig and it started working , it may well have been the batteries or more likely a bad cable, I can't really remember. It's served me well since but I still don't trust it .
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Why? It's a tuner, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong.

It's made by Behringer, I wouldn't trust it. Most of the reviews on it say its a tone sucker, so it's definitely not true bypass. It has a plastic case.

It's made by Behringer.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Quote by FenderKid87
It's made by Behringer, I wouldn't trust it. Most of the reviews on it say its a tone sucker, so it's definitely not true bypass. It has a plastic case.

It's made by Behringer.

Hm I think I might just pick up an extra cheap tuner or something in that case I want to play with some fun effects before I start getting the boring stuff like tuners .
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
^ I actually use it in my effects chain like that when I play shows on acoustic guitar.

IDK. Personally I'd rather spend the money on something quality instead of something thats junk and wait for it to break or realize its not working in the situation; then have to buy something good. I am a certified tone nazi though...
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Quote by IndianRockStar
You all are forgetting that you can also use the Boss Tuner as a power supply. That might be what jacks up the price a bit.

So you plug an AC adapter into the TU-3 and it can power all your other pedals? If so that sounds like a very worthwhile purchase, I hate batteries.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
An AC adapter then a daisy chain cord. It works pretty well. It powers pedals that use the Boss 9v barrel plug.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce