Ive seen a few guitar that has these locking input jacks but i dont know much about them can people help me with what they do and were i can buy them to install to my guitars
You got me. I would say buy one and see, it's only 6 bucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by peavey6505+user
will these fit into a ltd ec 1000 jack socket dya think
You could probably make it fit. My friend put an XLR one in his guitar. Make sure it's a stereo one if you still have the stock active pickups. I think they're all stereo anyway though.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
You could probably make it fit. My friend put an XLR one in his guitar. Make sure it's a stereo one if you still have the stock active pickups. I think they're all stereo anyway though.

He put a three pin connector for the 1/4? Or do you mean TRS? XLR is the three pin commonly found on mic and general audio cabling. TRS is Tip Ring Sleeve which is a fancy way of saying your 1/4 inch is stereo and not mono.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
He put a three pin connector for the 1/4? Or do you mean TRS? XLR is the three pin commonly found on mic and general audio cabling. TRS is Tip Ring Sleeve which is a fancy way of saying your 1/4 inch is stereo and not mono.
He put an XLR socket in and uses an XLR to TRS cable so that each of his pickups has it's own line to the pedalboard, hard to explain. I did actually tell him a TRS would be better/easier.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
He put an XLR socket in and uses an XLR to TRS cable so that each of his pickups has it's own line to the pedalboard, hard to explain. I did actually tell him a TRS would be better/easier.

Yeah...it would have been. Weird extra step and now the guitar is only good with his rig unless it's unmodded. His guitar, though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I think it would be rather cool to have an XLR on a guitar. But that is just me.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Would definitely solve the locking problem, too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Would definitely solve the locking problem, too.

Lol. It would be cool as hell. Just keep an adapter in your case.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Lol. It would be cool as hell. Just keep an adapter in your case.

Or have a custom made female XLR to 1/4 cable for your rig. I would think a simple adapter would be counter productive to the locking part.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Or have a custom made female XLR to 1/4 cable for your rig. I would think a simple adapter would be counter productive to the locking part.

That's what I meant.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993