I'm doing my Rockschool grade 7 exam on tuesday (yeah yeah,i know ), but I'm having a lot of trouble with the Rhythmic Recall section. Basically, they tell you the tonic note of the chord progression, then play it to you twice (with not much of a break between), then you get a really short break to work it out. Its quite ironic who they call it "rhythmic recall" even though they are looking for you to get the chords right.

I have an example uploaded on my profile, here http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/duggyrocks/
So in the exam they would tell you the tonic chord is CMaj7, then play you the backing track. Nothing written down for you to read or anything, and you have to play along with the backing track after the 2nd example.Any tips on this?

Also, if you want to give this a go, listen to the track, try it, then check your chords matched these:

*CMaj7, Dm7, Am9, G7, Cmaj7
Listen for the bass note in the chord, and the general sound of each chord to tell if it's maj7, dom7 etc. They'll all be diatonic, so if you're in C major, there are only 7 different triads it could use.