Has anyone done this before? I just booked a month ticket with my mate. We are starting in Poland and making our way down to Turkey and Greece then finnishing in Italy. Anyone have any advice or stories they wanna share? I have a feeling it could all go horribly wrong but I guess thats part of the fun. I can't wait to leave this miserable country.
I've not done it by train, but I've been on a few random trips on the continent. A few of my friends have done interrailing. It'll be awesome. Obviously.
my dad did it in like the 80s for like 3 months
you gotta ride the train at night so you can sleep on it so you dont have to get a hotel
my dad claims he slept on the sidewalk a couple of times
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Yeah im told you should plan your journey so that you do 8-12 hour journeys overnight = free place to sleep.
I was going to do it but called off. Too expensive. Spending a month in Edinburgh instead.

It should be worth it though.
Yeah, I did it last year. It was great fun, and we managed to get round 10 countries using the 22 day pass. Throroughly recommend it
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I would be worried about people stealing from you, I guess sleep with your bag, keep wallets on chains etc.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
I would be worried about people stealing from you, I guess sleep with your bag, keep wallets on chains etc.

You actually get a good wallet included in your ticket bundle. You wear it under your t-shirt and it's big enough for cash, passport and train ticket. It's quite noticeable but it'd be really difficult to steal anything off you once you're wearing it.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Yeah, I did it last year. It was great fun, and we managed to get round 10 countries using the 22 day pass. Throroughly recommend it

How much money did you spend altogther, minus ticket costs? and did you book hostels in advance or jus turn up on the night.
Quote by radio_schizo
How much money did you spend altogther, minus ticket costs? and did you book hostels in advance or jus turn up on the night.

Minus ticket costs, I think I spent about £700 including accommodation and supplemetary train reservations. We booked all our hostels in advance, mostly through hostelworld.com, checking the feedback to make sure if they were good or not. We planned ours out thoroughly beforehand but my other friends went at the same time as us (more along your kind of route) and just winged it, and they also really enjoyed themselves.

Quote by Pinky19
I just got back from Europe last week after doing this for a month! It was great fun and an adventure. Some tips:
1. If you're booking hostels, make sure they're either close to the eurorail station or on a metro stop
2. When you get to your hostel find a supermarket and buy pasta, bread, some fruit, beer/wine. its much much cheaper than eating out
3. People for the most part are nice, but still be paranoid about your valuables and keep them close at hand or locked up.
4. Hostels usually have lockers so bring a good lock.
5. Pack light and if you're staying somewhere for over 2 nights was a shirt and a pair of boxers while you shower the first day so you have clean cloths for free.
6. Don't just stay one night in a place, its too rushed and its no fun.
7. Book your train reservations early so you have a seat. And reservations cost money, so plan for that.
8. ATM conversion rates are better than those currency exchanges.
9. Take pictures
10. Have fun
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat
Fender American Telecaster
Taylor 714ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 300
Macbook Pro
Quote by jamis8891
I just got back from Europe last week after doing this for a month! It was great fun and an adventure. Some tips:
1. If you're booking hostels, make sure they're either close to the eurorail station or on a metro stop
2. When you get to your hostel find a supermarket and buy pasta, bread, some fruit, beer/wine. its much much cheaper than eating out
3. People for the most part are nice, but still be paranoid about your valuables and keep them close at hand or locked up.
4. Hostels usually have lockers so bring a good lock.
5. Pack light and if you're staying somewhere for over 2 nights was a shirt and a pair of boxers while you shower the first day so you have clean cloths for free.
6. Don't just stay one night in a place, its too rushed and its no fun.
7. Book your train reservations early so you have a seat. And reservations cost money, so plan for that.
8. ATM conversion rates are better than those currency exchanges.
9. Take pictures
10. Have fun

Perfect. I can also recommened Spanish wine for €1.50.

Quote by Pinky19
Oh i forgot, hostels usually have internet so you can book your next one while you're on the road. i booked my first 3 nights then felt it out. sometimes you want to stay somewhere longer than you thought and sometimes you want to leave sooner than you thought. hostelworld.com is the best.
Gear:
Fender Deluxe American Fat Strat
Fender American Telecaster
Taylor 714ce
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Champion 300
Macbook Pro
I was planning to go interrailing this summer but unfortunately other things cropped up. I really want to do it next year though as it looks like a lot of fun.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
We fly to Krakow on the 14th July. Stay there for a few nights then to Prague then through Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, then stay in Turkey and Greece for awhile then ferry across to Italy stay there for a while, then depending how much time we have maybe catch the ferry to Barcelona.
When you go to Turkey, drink lots of Raki.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by radio_schizo
We fly to Krakow on the 14th July. Stay there for a few nights then to Prague then through Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, then stay in Turkey and Greece for awhile then ferry across to Italy stay there for a while, then depending how much time we have maybe catch the ferry to Barcelona.

you forgot either Austria or Slovakia
or aren't you stopping in neither?