last night i purchased a jackson RR3. its a nice guitar but its the first one ive owned with a floyd rose. the guy at the store i bought it told me tuning and changing the strings was hard but i could learn so i am wondering, does anyone know the best way to tune it just into standard e?

please help me!!!
yeah
undo the locking nuts at the top of the fretboard/neck with allen keys (so the strings are then free and affected by the tuners)

Tune up to standard

Tighten the locking nuts again

Fine tune using the thumb screws on the bridge.
Quote by CobbZ
yeah
undo the locking nuts at the top of the fretboard/neck with allen keys (so the strings are then free and affected by the tuners)

Put a cloth or something similar underneath the trem so you can set the action to how you like it

Tune up to standard

Tighten the locking nuts again

Fine tune using the thumb screws on the bridge.

Don't drop tune

Fixed

Haha, or what webbtje said.
NOOOOO DONT LISTEN TO THE THIRTEEN YEAR OLD GUITARIST
k, now if you freshly bought it from a music store, chances are it was being tuned to standard there, now on the actual floyd, theres six little screw like knobs, those are the fine tuners, now try tuning it to standard with them first, if that doesnt work, then unscrew and screw them all so their all level at about the middle of their threads, then take the allen key that came with it, and go to the headstock of the guitar, look see the locking nut, take the allen key to all three screws and loosen them off, NOW tune the guitar to stanard with the tuning pegs, it may take a little while, so be patient and tune all the strings mutiple times until its in perfect standard, then tighten the locking nuts back onto the guitar right to the tits, then go back to the fine tuners and tune it again, after that, youre in standard
Quote by Big Floyd
NO. DON'T LISTEN TO THE THIRTEEN YEAR OLD GUITARIST.

OK, now if you freshly bought it from a music store, chances are it was being tuned to standard there. Now on the actual floyd, there are six little screw like knobs, those are the fine tuners. Now try tuning it to standard with them first and if that doesnt work, then unscrew and screw them all so their all level at about the middle of their threads.

Then take the allen key that came with it, and go to the headstock of the guitar. Look at the locking nut, take the allen key to all three screws and remove then. Now tune the guitar to stanard with the tuning pegs.

When you're done, tighten the locking nuts back onto the guitar, then go back to the fine tuners and tune it again, after that, you're in standard tuning.

Now its readable.
Quote by Tom_hatton
Now its readable.

im confused whether to put a pencil or a cloth under the bridge when i tine cause some sources say i should and some say no to
Quote by MattRR3
im confused whether to put a pencil or a cloth under the bridge when i tine cause some sources say i should and some say no to

Don't put anything under the bridge, it's simply not necessary and doesn't really help. If you're restringing then just change them one at a time and you won't have any problems.

The only time you need to block the bridge is when you're taking all the strings off, and the only reason you'd need to do that is if you were doing maintenance work like replacing pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Big Floyd
NOOOOO DONT LISTEN TO THE THIRTEEN YEAR OLD GUITARIST
k, now if you freshly bought it from a music store, chances are it was being tuned to standard there, now on the actual floyd, theres six little screw like knobs, those are the fine tuners, now try tuning it to standard with them first, if that doesnt work, then unscrew and screw them all so their all level at about the middle of their threads, then take the allen key that came with it, and go to the headstock of the guitar, look see the locking nut, take the allen key to all three screws and loosen them off, NOW tune the guitar to stanard with the tuning pegs, it may take a little while, so be patient and tune all the strings mutiple times until its in perfect standard, then tighten the locking nuts back onto the guitar right to the tits, then go back to the fine tuners and tune it again, after that, youre in standard

Just cause you discriminate me by age, I'm saying how to do it simply and in a way thats readable. In detail, plus, i would know how to so this cause I have changed strings many times on my floyd rose.

OK, you will see locks around the neck, using an Allen key, take the locks off.

Then, put all the fine tuners at a neutral position and keep them there.

Tune all the strings to standard E. Do that until it stays pretty much in tune. If your bridge is way up high in the air, unscrew the larger back panel and put in a spring, if its resting on the guitar, take out a spring.

Then, doing 2 strings at a time, tune them perfect, checking back and forth, and lock that set of 2.

When all of them are locked, its not gonna go out of tune when you do stuff with the whammy bar. If it's out of tune, then use the fine tuners to get it perfect. If you whammy the bar up (lift it up), string break easier. String gauges make a difference and new string have a lot more pull and tension of the springs in the back, the springs and srtrings will wear out eventually.

Any problems PM me, or reply.
when tuning, tune the strings in this order- Low E, high e, b, a, g, d
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.