I am planning on buying a guitar. I have been hunting on ebay for low prices on both of these brands. I was looking at the 80s kramers and Charvels (when they were owned by jackon) and they have great reviews. But I have also looked at the new Gibson Kramers and Fender Jacksons. I really dont know what brand to get, but the kramer is 70 bucks cheaper and seems to have the same features. I am most likely going to get one of the newer two because I cant seem to find one from either brand under $500 with an Original OR liscensed Floyd. Please tell me which you would choose. And not just because you like one brand over the other. Please say which GUITAR is better. You can also throw in which brand you like better, im interesteed.

Guitar 1: Kramer (now owned by Gibson) Fr422SM http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-FR422SM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515339

Guitar 2: Jackson (now owned by Fender) JS30 Dinky (the one with the floyd)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30-Electric-Guitar?sku=511636
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Get the Jackson.

Can you explain a little why you say so? THey look the same to me exeot the price and finishes.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Get the Jackson.

+1
They look better, play better & sound better than the Kramer IMO

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
The Kramer has 24 frets, if you're interested in that.
I would also think it has more tonal versatility, seeing as it's H-S-S and not H-H.
Ok, Jackson, well, pre-Fender, Charvel-Jackson's are probably my favorite guitars...

That said, buy the Kramer.

Why? The JS series stands for "Junk Series." It's a series that was never made until Fender took over and offered an entry level.

And, just because it's like a 75 dollar price difference. The Kramer would definitely be better quality, Fender upped the priced on all models and Kramer's known for bang for you buck.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by HavokStrife
Ok, Jackson, well, pre-Fender, Charvel-Jackson's are probably my favorite guitars...

Why? The JS series stands for "Junk Series." It's a series that was never made until Fender took over and offered an entry level.

And, just because it's like a 75 dollar price difference. The Kramer would definitely be better quality, Fender upped the priced on all models and Kramer's known for bang for you buck.

Ok thanks and thats good.

Oh I also forgot to mention that I will be playing a little classic rok on it and not just hairmetal. So versatilty is good

I would also defiantely get a jackson harvel if i could find a cheap one in this price rang of under $300. I found ONE and it is a model one with one humbucker and one volume knob trying to get a trade for my own guitar. Its on craiglist and they live about 20 minutes from me.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/704088819.html
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Jun 21, 2008,
I wouldn't get that jackson. Look at anything Jackson besides the JS series and anything under $4-500.
Try their MG line.

Don't know too much about Kramer.
First off wait a few weeks and search Craigslist or Ebay in your area and see if you can get a deal on an 80's Jackson or Charvel or a Kramer. I bought a near spotless '86 Kramer Focus 1000 for $240 a few months back. I also have this one which I bought last year http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR424CM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515347
and its a great fun guitar to play. Although I'm not sure if it would be good to have if its your only axe, cause of the floating Floyd. If its a flush mounted Floyd then I wouldn't worry about it cause then changing string gauge and tuning is the same as if you have a Strat trem. Look around and do your research on what you want, there are a ton of great deals on older guitars that are practically new. You can get lucky.
I can't tell you which is better the Kramer or the Jackson, its all personal taste. The new Kramer Strikers are a great deal though, I love mine although I changed some things on it like the pickups etc. Good luck!
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by HavokStrife

Put down your crack pipe. JS had been made not long after Akai bought the company in 1996. Even pre Akai had their Junk line, which was Charvette/Jackson Performer. And want to me a single guitar that has not gone up in price since almost 15 years ago? Also, guess who put real Duncans and EMG actives in guitars and upped the quality of the trems? Wasn't Akai... Finally, EVERY company has a budget line now, like it or not. Oh, and btw, the quality is the pretty similar on both guitars. The Kramer has slightly better pickups and finished. A used Kramer Focus or Jackson Pro/Charvel Model series beats them both in all departments.
Quote by DSOTM80
First off wait a few weeks and search Craigslist or Ebay in your area and see if you can get a deal on an 80's Jackson or Charvel or a Kramer. I bought a near spotless '86 Kramer Focus 1000 for $240 a few months back. I also have this one which I bought last year http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR424CM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515347
and its a great fun guitar to play. Although I'm not sure if it would be good to have if its your only axe, cause of the floating Floyd. If its a flush mounted Floyd then I wouldn't worry about it cause then changing string gauge and tuning is the same as if you have a Strat trem. Look around and do your research on what you want, there are a ton of great deals on older guitars that are practically new. You can get lucky.
I can't tell you which is better the Kramer or the Jackson, its all personal taste. The new Kramer Strikers are a great deal though, I love mine although I changed some things on it like the pickups etc. Good luck!

Yeah I gotta agree 100% with this guy, you can be overexcited (in which case I would still say get the Kramer) but if you search ebay there are often some beautiful deals (I got an '84 Kramer Pacer for 340 and it plays like a beauty), My dad got a pacer deluxe on Ebay for $380, and he got a kinda FrankenKramer that looks like a cross between a focus and a barreta with the banana droopy headstock for $320 I think...
<br>
Kramer used to (in my opinion) be hands down one of the best guitars, Charvel originally worked for Kramer so you know what it evolved out of...
<br>
You should check out www.vintagekramer.com
<br>
Anyway what I'm trying to say is that I don't know about the new Kramers, and I have heard that the JS series of Jackson are not so nice. If you can find a vintage Kramer Axe on Ebay for less/same (Which I/We have) and you know it will be <b> A) a better guitar
<br> B) Fully Equipped with either Floyd Rose, Schaller, or A licensed under tremolo system.
<br> C) Will either have seymour duncan s or schallers (usually seymours).
<br> Vintage KRAMER
<br> Jackson JS or new Kramer
Get the kramer.
I own one (through a swap with my friend) and its a really fun guitar. Mine is modded so cant say much about reliability. Out of the jacksons ive tried, they seem a bit expensive and overated.
"Inside me i'm screaming, nobody pays any attention
If i had arms i could kill my self
If i had legs i could run away
If i had a voice i could talk and be some kind of company for my self"
I got the Vanguard model and love it. Best $180 I've ever spent.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar