Less than a month to go now! Who's going? Who wants to go? Who would you wanna see?

What's with the music being the crap stuff on radio 1?

The comedy bit looks VERY interesting.

EDIT: And poetry, and dancing!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
By the looks of whose playing, not me.
Are they running out of names for these festivals (and bands too, actually) or is there a history no one cares to know???
honestly, that looks terrible

sorry if your excited, but i would never go to that
"To me it seems pretty straightforward. There are two opinions one can have about freedom of speech, you're for it or against it." - Tom Morello

Shackled Our Minds When You're Bent on the Cross... When Ignorance Reigns, Life is Lost
i'm going and it's going to be awesome,

leeds and reading look so bad, rage and queens are the only 2 bands i'd see there, everything else is just plain bad.
That looks terrible. The only band I'd be semi-interested in seeing is British Sea Power as I know the guitarist.
Wow, I'm surprised at how many people dislike this festival, especially the comedy stage!

I'm looking forward to:

Music: Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab For Cutie, Black Kids, Gravenhurst, Sigur Ros, Elbow, Seasick Steve, The Mars Volta, Guillemots, The Coral, Interpol, Foals, Blondie, and Glasvegas.

Comedy: Bill Bailey, Ross Noble, Rich Hall, Omid Djalili, Frankie Boyle, Phil Jupitus, Russel Howard, Lee Mack, Tim Minchin, and Otis Lee Crenshaw.
Quote by filthandfury
Wow, I'm surprised at how many people dislike this festival, especially the comedy stage!

I'm looking forward to:

Music: Franz Ferdinand, Death Cab For Cutie, Black Kids, Gravenhurst, Sigur Ros, Elbow, Seasick Steve, The Mars Volta, Guillemots, The Coral, Interpol, Foals, Blondie, and Glasvegas.

Comedy: Bill Bailey, Ross Noble, Rich Hall, Omid Djalili, Frankie Boyle, Phil Jupitus, Russel Howard, Lee Mack, Tim Minchin, and Otis Lee Crenshaw.

No, the comedy is fine.
The music is what sucks. Too much "generic indie".
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The comedy looks good, but the music is lacklustre. Although I would love to see Nada Surf. Oh, btw, not going...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
ew
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I would go to that purely for the comedy, but im skint so...
wow The mars volta, the breeders and blondie would be the only bands i'd see, but I can't really read that small, and the mars volta is the only band in my top 50 that festival sucks.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
BSP and Interpol are the only decent bands on. I'd probably be down for a bit of Guillemots and Sky Larkin. That's it though.

The comedy could be alright I suppose.

Either way I'm not, nor intend to, go.
I'm going, only for Saturday though.

I went for the whole thing last year and let me tell you, the music is a very small part of it. It's all about the atmosphere - it's like the festivals of old, the site is actually big enough for the amount of people that go there and it generally has a chilled-out vibe - you're not spending your entire day fighting through 20,000 people so you can get to the bar and pay £25 for a pint of warm brown, you're wandering around the site finding random things like orchestras sitting in trees playing, a busking stage (bit of an oxymoron?) and the genius that is the Cabaret Tent. And they actually have proper food there, not the usual choice of hog roast or sub-McDonalds burgers.

I hate to generalise but I imagine most people saying that the line-up is bad haven't heard of most of the bands that are playing there. Fields, for example, were voted the loudest current British band a while back.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
I think it meant bands who have formed recently... it was in the NME or something like that, after all.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
How I wish I was going here instead of Leeds...
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
I know loads of people that went to this, I would have gone if i hadnt spent all my money on Reading tickets. But seriously Sigur Ros/Mars Volta clash, that would have been awful for me
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Elbow? What a name.

But comdey looks naughty as hell, Bill Balley, Rich Hall, Ross Noble etc, I'd be there just for that.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
i was there all weekend, very good. The comedy was great, but what people should really notice is that music is less than half of the festival, i spent a while in the poetry tent and saw some amazing performances, and in the theatre tent. good festival, tents too small though, but still great. and i didn't see interpol, sigur ros or blondie. Franz Ferdinand were absolutely great on the Friday, even if your not a huge fan they were so professional and held the crowd amazingly. Plus good lights and sound. tres bon!
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.