For Sale (UK) 1990 American Fender Strat Stratocaster Made in USA w/ Seymour Duncan

Page 1 of 2
Hi, Im Selling a Fender Standard Stratocaster Made in USA in 1990, its not in the best condition as its 18 years old, there are a few dings here and there, mainly on the back but there one small one on the front (see pictures). This strat has that great strat sound, it has a Seymour Duncan Vintage Staggered in the bridge, and middle and neck are the original American Standard Pickups. The Seymour Duncan really achieves the Strat twang and reminds me of Sweet Home Alambama riff when Clean, the American Neck pickup gets a nice smooth/creamy tone to it and the Middle pickup gets a really nice Hendrix-like tone. It has a lovely Metallic Silver finish with an Old Marble/Pearl effect scratch plate, it has an Alder Body and a Maple Neck with a Dark Rosewood Fretboard, ask for any other details about the specs. The guitar just only just came back to me after the Seymour Duncan, new tone and volume pots were put in and has just been setup Perfectly (the action is amazing) and is now ready to Play!

You can Email me (louiscairns@yahoo.co.uk), Message me Or leave a comment.

I was lookin at about £470 for it as an American Standard retails about £700-£900 these days and it has a Seymour Duncan, but im open to Trades and offers

Pictures: (sorry for the poor quality, if your interested and want better pictures just ask)

Chips and Dings: (if you can actually see them, once again sorry for the quality)

If I had the money i would buy it now!
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by 666-JoE-666
If I had the money i would buy it now!

Its a great guitar i admit...but sadly its not goin down well with my Hard Rock Band, so unfortunately it has to go....
Quote by YoHendrix
Its a great guitar i admit...but sadly its not goin down well with my Hard Rock Band, so unfortunately it has to go....

Ouch unlucky if i had the money or wanted a strat i'd buy it! free bump!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Where in the UK are you?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
Where in the UK are you?

Lincolnshire, in a town near lincoln

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
How much would you charge for postage?
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
Where in the UK are you?

Me? Ramsgate, Kent.....Far South East
Quote by jxljxl
How much would you charge for postage?

Not 100% sure, but it should be about £20-£30 i expect
Yeah sorry, I was asking the TS, not Madsalty
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Thanks for the quick replies TS, I'll have a think and get back to you.

Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by jxljxl
Thanks for the quick replies TS, I'll have a think and get back to you.

no prob, happy to help
Quote by jxljxl
Yeah sorry, I was asking the TS, not Madsalty

HAHA nevermind, but about £20 - £30 sounds abou right anyway

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
I cant really afford your guitar cash wise but would you be intrested in a swap??

i live about 30 miles away soo its easy for me to get down.

The swap in question is for my Ibanez Vbt 700 there really nice guitars also you said you wanted it for hard rock well then it sounds like it suits your needs well, also i beleve that these guitars were discontinued as too them aprently been a copy of a jackson guitar so i think they were only actually 200 that made it too the Uk, and ofc i would let you play it before you trade too see what you think.
Quote by Zakk_Lp
I cant really afford your guitar cash wise but would you be intrested in a swap??

i live about 30 miles away soo its easy for me to get down.

The swap in question is for my Ibanez Vbt 700 there really nice guitars also you said you wanted it for hard rock well then it sounds like it suits your needs well, also i beleve that these guitars were discontinued as too them aprently been a copy of a jackson guitar so i think they were only actually 200 that made it too the Uk, and ofc i would let you play it before you trade too see what you think.

thanks for your offer, i will consider it but i really want a floyd equipped guitar. Is it the white version?
My suggestion is to post in on gumtree.com
The guitar sales section there is always active - that's how I sold most of my gear. If I had the cash I would buy your guitar in an instant since it's a nicely aged guitar that's holding up nicely.
Good luck with the sale mate.
Quote by Hemani Co
My suggestion is to post in on gumtree.com
The guitar sales section there is always active - that's how I sold most of my gear. If I had the cash I would buy your guitar in an instant since it's a nicely aged guitar that's holding up nicely.
Good luck with the sale mate.

wow, thank you very very much. Im listing it now....

cheeers!
i was all set to message you and get this, but a couple of days ago i found a 1984 '62 reissue strat in mint condition for £500, and i just couldnt turn that down. ive actually played a '90 american strat like yours before, and i have to say theyre excellent guitars. have you thought about just fitting a seymour duncan mini jb humbucker in the bridge position, and then if you really need it, getting a digitech whammy for divebombs etc?
Quote by johndctd
i was all set to message you and get this, but a couple of days ago i found a 1984 '62 reissue strat in mint condition for £500, and i just couldnt turn that down. ive actually played a '90 american strat like yours before, and i have to say theyre excellent guitars. have you thought about just fitting a seymour duncan mini jb humbucker in the bridge position, and then if you really need it, getting a digitech whammy for divebombs etc?

yeah these American Strats are very very nice... yeah i have thought about that but i actually want a different style of body and different tone wood.
PM'd you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Sorry to be late, basically I'm only looking to trade my ESP. I don't really want to sell my strat as it's a nice guitar and also strat for strat isn't really a trade I'd be interested in. The contemporarys are sweet guitars and go for sillyily low money on ebay. Thought about installing a floyd in the guitar as it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Page 1 of 2