Was also looking at headphone amps as a practice amp due to portability etc. Recommended? I was looking at the HeadRoom Total Airhead model but I dunno if its worth the $100 for just headphones. It may be able to connect to a computer via USB though so not sure.

Advice?
i guess i'm giving you a bumpy as i don't know what you are talking about.

is this a Headphone designed to plug into your guitar? Do you have a URL?

sounds interesting none the less, but personally i feel there are better ways to accomplish your goal.

what is your goal again?
Get whatever amp you want and get a headphone tap if it doesn't come with a jack.

Chris
Panhead is right...if you want portability with headphones, the Pocket Pod sounds good and come with many differant settings to fiddle with as well.

Chris
the airhead is for music it is not a guitar amp. it will make sound through a guitar but that sound wont be very good and it will be clean unless you crank the volume. get the vox whacha call it headphone amps for guitar practice. i personally have a marshall ms2 but i got that because it has a speaker. it doesnt sound good but its useful and does have a headphone out.
Quote by no_thing101
the airhead is for music it is not a guitar amp. it will make sound through a guitar but that sound wont be very good and it will be clean unless you crank the volume. get the vox whacha call it headphone amps for guitar practice. i personally have a marshall ms2 but i got that because it has a speaker. it doesnt sound good but its useful and does have a headphone out.

Yes, there's that vox things. I think they got 'em in differents flavors like metal and blues. Plugs right in the guitar jack. I haven't heard 'em though but I've thought they're pretty neat.

The pocket pod has a good selections of presets and that's almost 350 of 'em. They're grouped in 3 banks, each bank will have the list in groups too. It also have a belt clip and uses batteries (I use rechargables) and USB connection to computer with free editor.