My brother has been playing guitar for a couple of months now and he wants to find a full song to learn that sounds cool and is relatively easy to play. He told me to find one for him, I've only been playing for about a year and a half, and the first song that I Learned to play was more than a feeling by Boston. It is the easiest song to play that I know of, but he doesn't like it.

Does anybody have any song suggestions in the rock/heavy metal area?
The very first part of Metallica's Master of Puppets and the intro to One are pretty simple and recognizable.

MoP will help develop picking and fretting speed.

Another song is Sweet Dreams, the cover by Marilyn Manson. I'm not sure if your brother likes stuff like that, because I can't stand MM, but the little rhythm to Sweet Dreams sounds pretty bad ass.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Quote by Shining_Yrael
The very first part of Metallica's Master of Puppets and the intro to One are pretty simple and recognizable.

MoP will help develop picking and fretting speed.

Another song is Sweet Dreams, the cover by Marilyn Manson. I'm not sure if your brother likes stuff like that, because I can't stand MM, but the little rhythm to Sweet Dreams sounds pretty bad ass.

Yeah, first thing fast riff I learned was MoP. My goal when i started about 11 and 3/4 of a month ago, was to learn all of MoP, maybe not the solo's though.

Now I realise that the song is very easy for me, and I'm starting to learn the whole thing.

I would suggest MoP for a metal song. Good to practice, thats how I got to tremolo pick well.
A lot of Nirvana songs are extremely simple and can help with some basic skills.

But I'd definitely suggest looking into Master of Puppets and One.

Mountain's Mississippi Queen is fairly simple and has a cool main riff to it, though the little solo part at the very beginning can be a little tricky to memorize at first.

Too bad he doesn't like a lot of classic rock, because there are some really great tunes... Try some AC/DC songs.

Dammit, I'll suggest some more in a minute. I had a little too much to drink last night and I was rolling around in the ****ing grass and I have ants and **** all over me. They won't stop biting me. Need to take a shower with the fierceness.
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
try playing greenday or weezer. that's what i started out with. well for power chords, i learned how to play by pick regular chords in songs like hotel california or stairway to heaven
the intro to voodoo child (slight return) really simple and sounds awesome even if you dont have a wah pedal, if you want to teach him tunning like drop c and what not try the new disturbed song inside the fire its really simple accept you have to put it into drop c which can be annoying to do if youre impatient, seriously that will give you some trainig in a bunch of skills, also paranoid by balck sabbath is good, and if hes into acoustic guitar teach him to finger pick stairway to heaven, just a few to teach him for fun and to get his skill in at the same time, also just teach him raining blood its childs play
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Oh yeah, Raining Blood is a pretty good one too.
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
the intro to voodoo child (slight return) really simple and sounds awesome even if you dont have a wah pedal, if you want to teach him tunning like drop c and what not try the new disturbed song inside the fire its really simple accept you have to put it into drop c which can be annoying to do if youre impatient,

That would be a good idea but he's too lazy to learn how to tune his guitar to standard e lol