Page 1 of 3
because last nite I downloaded a bunch of slipknot stuff, including the new song All hope is gone and he knows a guy that listened to metal music and the guy hung himself so now he thinks Im going to hang myself so Pit I know Im making a mistake by asking for your help, but I will anyway, What should I do about this? cause Im not suicidal Im actually happier rite now then I have been in a while so yeah what should I do?
You should learn about sentances. They're life-affirming and can be your friend through adversity!
He'll be observing your behaviour. Just be pleasant and polite, he might expect you to be quiet and monosyllabic etc if you're suicidal (I know you're not)
tell him it wasn't suicide, you killed that kid
A message to all readers: I’m a cynical, satirical, sadistic, heartless, sardonic, mocking, demotivating, derisive, scathing, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful and condescending guy. And I love it.

Quote by Amalgam
I like this guy's thinking.
Tell him you were only listening to it in an attempt to learn some grammar and syntax tips.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Just show him this thread which i'm guessing will just tell him how much of a retard he is.

If i heard someone listening to 50 cent i wouldn't assume they were dealing crack and rolling with their bitches.

If you read this therealtaters father think about what you are saying.
Quote by MightyAl
You should learn about sentances. They're life-affirming and can be your friend through adversity!

lol.

Tell him that there are millions of people who listen to metal and they haven't hung themselves. Or tell him that you knew a guy who drives and he died in a car crash so you want him to stop driving.

He may not drive, I don't know him, but you get my point. Tailor it to him specifically.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Don't listen to Slipknot, Everyone's a winner!
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by Greenie_777
Just show him this thread which i'm guessing will just tell him how much of a retard he is.

If i heard someone listening to 50 cent i wouldn't assume they were dealing crack and rolling with their bitches.

If you read this therealtaters father think about what you are saying.

I lol'd.
My dad thought I'm homicidal cause I listen to Black Dahlia Murder, because of their lyrics.

But then I showed him an interview with them, followed by one of their music videos...
Last edited by AA00P at Jun 21, 2008,
The best advice I could give you is to just start wearing bright colors (like pink) or tie-dye. Also, wear a smile whenever you are around him and speak in an unusually high voice. He'll eventually disown you and then you won't have to worry about it.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Tell him you were only listening to it in an attempt to learn some grammar and syntax tips.

Quote by Spit It Out
Did you never gave a damn in the first place,
Maybe it's time you had the tables turned
'Cause in the interest of all involved I got the problem solved
And the verdict is guilty...

...MAN NEARLY KILLED ME
Steppin' where you fear to tread
Stop, drop and roll
You were dead from the git-go!
Big mother****er, stupid cocksucker
If you're scared of me now? Then you're dumber than I thought
Always is, and never was
Foundation made of piss and vinegar
Step up to me, I'll smear ya
Think I fear ya? Bull****!
Just another dumb punk chompin' at this tit
Is there any way to break through the noise?
Was it something that I said that got you bent?
It's gotta be that way if you want it
Sanity, literal profanity hit me!

Spit it out
All you wanna do is drag me down
All I wanna do is stamp you out (x2)

Maybe it's the way you gotta spread a lotta rumor fodder
Keepin' all your little spies and leaving when you realize
Step up, fairy
I guess it's time to bury your ass with the chrome
Straight to the dome
You heard me right, bitch, I didn't stutter
And if you know what's good, just shut up and beg, brother
Backstab - don't you know who you're dissin'?
Side swipe,we know the Ass that your kissin'
Bigity-biggidy bitch boy, halfway hauser
Don't hear **** cuz I keep gettin' louder
Come on, and get a face full 'o tatic
Lipping off hard, going home in a basket
You got no pull, no power, no nothin
Now you start ****?
Well, ain't that something?
Payoffs don't protect, and you can hide if you want
But I'll find you, comin' up behind you!

Spit it out

'Bout time I set this record straight
Cuz all the needlenose punchin' is making me irate
Sick o' my bitchin' fallin' on deaf ears
Where you gonna be in the next five years?
The crew and all the fools, and all the politix
Get your lips ready, gonna gag, gonna make you sick
You got dick when they passed out the good stuff
BAM!
Are you sick of me?
Good enough, had enough!

**** me! I'm all out of enemies! (x8)

Spit it out

Spit! (x4)
Spit... it out!

Sweet lord, no.
Carry around speakers that have Linkin Park's 'One Step Closer' at the midsection ready to play, and whenever he starts talking to you, hit play, scream along and headbang.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
tell your dad he is very stereotypical..and that your fine and love to live life
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Just bust out some Taking Back Sunday, then he'll think you're gay.

(Just a little joke! I respect all musicians for their respective styles and genres, despite my personal tastes)
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by Greenie_777

But every 50 cent listener does do crack and roll deep |:
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
im a huge slipknot fan and i've got the new song as well but im not suicidal. get him to listen to some of the stuff you like (stay away from the songs surfacing, scissors and disasterpiece, they'll only make things worse) and get him to understand that you just like the music, not neccesarily the lyrics. that's the case with me and my dad.

if all of these bands did actually believe in committing suicide then they would have done it by now.

Quote by MightyAl

and you should learn about spelling for the same reason!

Quote by CliffIsAngry
slipknot = emo = suicidal.

so your dad has a point :P

lies! you've obviously never heard their music. they aren't emos. if they were their music would be crap. no offence to any emos out there.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Last edited by SlipknotRule93 at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by CliffIsAngry
slipknot = emo = suicidal.

so your dad has a point :P

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Strike red pen across your wrists and lye in a bath with water + red dye and when he knocks on the door don't reply, wait till he bursts in and wait like 10 secs for suspense...
SURPRISE!! (don't do if he has heart condition)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
I'm a huge SIlipknot fan and I've got the new song as well, but I'm not suicidal. Get him to listen to some of the stuff you like (stay away from the songs surfacing, scissors and disasterpiece, they'll only make things worse) and get him to understand that you just like the music, not neccesarily the lyrics. That's the case with me and my dad.

If all of these bands did actually believe in committing suicide then they would have done it by now.

And you should learn about spelling for the same reason!

Of course, I'll take advice from someone whose English is worse than mine.
Tell him your suicidal because you think he doesn't love you or doesn't give you enough money. Then you get teh free monies.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Kill yourself?

Ah, you beat me to it, you fuck.

Anyway, just make sure he realizes that he's just stereotyping you.
Do you dress like a typical Slipknot fan (maggots or grubs or something equaly retarded) all the time? If so he probably just thinks you are a massive faggot and SHOULD kill yourself.
Quote by MightyAl
Of course, I'll take advice from someone whose English is worse than mine.

meh. i don't care. i'm done with gcse english anyway. and besides, it's only a guitar forum, it doesn't matter.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
...stop listening to ****ty music?
G - L - O - R - I - A is love.... my friend.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
meh. i don't care. i'm done with gcse english anyway. and besides, it's only a guitar forum, it doesn't matter.

you obviously do if you took the effort to point it out in the first place.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you obviously do if you took the effort to point it out in the first place.

To be fair, he was only responding to someone else's point about his lack of sentences.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
your dad is a douche bag for thinking metal turns people suicidal.. (just an fyi in case you're new to the genre, slipknott is NOT metal.. it's nu-metal/hardcore)
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by soccermom
To be fair, he was only responding to someone else's point about his lack of sentences.

I know, I made the point first.

but there was no need to do it the way he did, and then to say he doesn't care is just a lie.

Quote by element4433
Page 1 of 3