I'm planning to mostly use my Ibanez for Drop C/D Standard tuning soon, as I will be getting a G400 or Vintage VS6 which I will use for standard/Drop D However, I went to a guitar shop to find out about what I need to do to use drop C/D standard on it most of the time. He said that in order to use thicker gauge strings (10s to 52s are what he reccommended), I would have to have the bridge adjusted including the inotation, action etc, and have the truss rod adjusted too, as well as some other changes which I can't remember anyway, he told me that the charge for a full setup for this would be £55 ($110 I guess). Is this reasonable, and do I need to have it done if I want to keep my guitar in this tuning without damaging it? I hope I make sense Thanks!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
you can do it, but i honestly think the guy was just trying to make money off you, to an extant, i have standard gauge string in drop C and its fine i never adjusted anything, but youll need a lot of input from ug before you decide though
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
no you could do all that yourself, and if you use heavier gauge strings, you probably won't even need to mess with the truss rod
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Quote by F8iscruel
you can do it, but i honestly think the guy was just trying to make money off you, to an extant, i have standard gauge string in drop C and its fine i never adjusted anything, but youll need a lot of input from ug before you decide though

This is exactly what I thought, I've done it a lot as well although I think I buggered up my Les Paul copy's neck by leaving it in drop C, but then it was a shi.t make off ebay so yeah
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Lefty7Stringer
no you could do all that yourself, and if you use heavier gauge strings, you probably won't even need to mess with the truss rod

OK thanks does anyone know where I can get a guide to do it myself by any chance? Just to make sure I don't mess it all up
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by MaXiMuse
I used normal gauge strings and everything else normal and I took some time to tune it but I didn`t had any other problems. But I would recommend thicker strings.

Yeah, I just wanted to check what I'd have to do to use the thicker strings. This is good though, I have reassurance not to spend loads more money than I already am. Which is nice. Thanks guys!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by blind.quardian
HAHAHA stupiiid floyd rose i do that in my hardtail guitar in 5 mins

I do not have a floyd rose my friend.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by blind.quardian
HAHAHA stupiiid floyd rose i do that in my hardtail guitar in 5 mins

well not to be a grammer freak but you misspelled something in there and, also ibanezs dont use floyd roses, they have the edge IIIs an other edges in them
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
With 10-52s you don't need adjustment.

If you go with 14s, however, you will need one.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by QuebecMetal
With 10-52s you don't need adjustment.

If you go with 14s, however, you will need one.

Fair enough.
I doubt I'll be going lower than Drop C very often so I'll stick with 10-52s.

Also, F8iscruel wins.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Friendly Stoat
OK thanks does anyone know where I can get a guide to do it myself by any chance? Just to make sure I don't mess it all up

101 Guitar tips. $15-20 book that tells you almost everything you need to know about setting up a guitar. It's got a pic of a Epiphone gothic SG on the front XD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Fair enough.
I doubt I'll be going lower than Drop C very often so I'll stick with 10-52s.

Also, F8iscruel wins.

victory victory, mwahaha it tastes good, lol
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Yay I got sigged!

Shinozoku, sounds good, I'll look for that! Thanks!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75