i have a ltd ecc 1000 that i want to change the sound of a bit
it has as you will know an emg 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck. dont get me wrong it sounds great but i have a flying v with this combo and im looking for a bit of a difference.

i play machinehead style stuff in drop B and i tune to drop C# aswell

ive heard of people putting an 85 in the bridge

can anyone tell me whats its like, im looking for a nice tight bottom end and a fat high end

i use a peavey 6505 with boss noise suppressor thats it for now

what do people think of putting the 85 in the bridge

advanages and disadvantages
I would say it'd be waay too bassy but obviously haven't tried it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It'd probably be very thick. Killswitch Engage uses that and they tune to drop C. I've been wantign to try an 85 in the bridge. The guitar is very light right? If so it shoudl sound great.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
erm its made of mahogany and its not as heavey as a les paul but its not the lightest guitar around it is light for a les paul
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment