For fans of Orphaned Land, Symphony X, and epic movie soundtracks

I bring you, Amaseffer. They're an Israeli band that is about to release their debut "Slaves for Life" on the 24th. However, it has already been out in Israel and some other European countries as early as the 6th. They've enlisted the help of Mats Leven (sang on the last 3 Therion albums, 2 Yngwie Malmsteen albums, Krux, etc.) as lead singer for the entire record, and Angela Gossow for a track.

Let me tell you, these Jews sure know how to take the Exodus and make an epic musical rendition out of it. Like the title says, it's a fusion of very middle-eastern inspired passages ala Orphaned Land and thanks to Mats Leven, sounds very Russell Allen at various points. This album effectively highlights Mats' vocal prowess as well as the bands' tendencies to write unconventional music threaded together by the semitic visions of the Exodus in the form of a movie soundtrack. Add in some world music and some guest vocalists who bring a new flavour to the table, and you've got Amaseffer.

Just signed to Inside Out too. You know they're good because Inside Out doesn't sign garbage (Ayreon, Derek Sherinian, Devin Townsend, Evergrey, King's X, OSI, Pain of Salvation, Planet X, Riverside, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, etc.).

http://www.myspace.com/amaseffer (Unfortunately only 1 full song and the rest are samples, but the full song is a hearty 8:28)

Strong contender for best album of 2008? I think so. We'll see how Ne Obliviscaris fare as well, because I've been anxiously waiting for their full length with high expectations and high hopes like I know some of you have as well.
I've found Jesus
Who said epic movie soundtracks?

*listens to LOTR soundtrack*
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
what about wintersun's Time?

this is good though, its got a really epic feel, i just don't really like the spoken vocals
There are no words to describe how Amaseffer deserve more recognition in this world.
People. Around 3 listenings to this album a day and I still get enough of the pure genius.
Take your time when listening to it. It will add epicness into it when reading the lyrics along. The imagery it gives a person is just like watching 300 without picture and still feel the full strength and enormity of this epic masterpiece.

This album is extremely recomanded.
Quote by Dugihilation
There are no words to describe how Amaseffer deserve more recognition in this world.
People. Around 3 listenings to this album a day and I still get enough of the pure genius.
Take your time when listening to it. It will add epicness into it when reading the lyrics along. The imagery it gives a person is just like watching 300 without picture and still feel the full strength and enormity of this epic masterpiece.

This album is extremely recomanded.

My Jewish friend speaks the truth. I highly advise getting the whole album. It's an actual album as opposed to a collection of songs. In addition, if you feel like Russel Allen's voice is addicting, this album is for you.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Ardius
Someone needs to learn some geography

I kindly advise you to stfu. I'm fully aware that Israel isn't in Europe. I meant to say Israel, Germany, and some other European countries. Obviously it is beyond you to look past an apparent mistake I made and discuss the band. Go to hell. Normal elitists are assholes about music. You're just a pedantic prick.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I kindly advise you to stfu. I'm fully aware that Israel isn't in Europe. I meant to say Israel, Germany, and some other European countries. Obviously it is beyond you to look past an apparent mistake I made and discuss the band. Go to hell. Normal elitists are assholes about music. You're just a pedantic prick.

Woah, woah, woah. Someone needs to chill out. If you haven't noticed, this forum is a slightly joker-filled one. I was merely poking fun.
But if you want to throw insults, I'll just leave.
Quote by Contraband

Anyways, fantastic band. The first time I listened to the track 'Birth of Deliverance' at a friend's house about a week a go I flipped a shit, literally my shit was flipped.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Ardius
Woah, woah, woah. Someone needs to chill out. If you haven't noticed, this forum is a slightly joker-filled one. I was merely poking fun.
But if you want to throw insults, I'll just leave.

Well if you were, I apologize, but it must have been a very dry sense of humor, so that's why I didn't pick up on it. Normally people poke fun in a joking manner, and that just seemed like trolling to me. But, again sorry.

I just want to spread word about this band, who I think deserve quite some attention. The album has no filler on it in my opinion, and is the beginning of an epic 3 part trilogy.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
Well if you were, I apologize, but it must have been a very dry sense of humor, so that's why I didn't pick up on it. Normally people poke fun in a joking manner, and that just seemed like trolling to me. But, again sorry.

I just want to spread word about this band, who I think deserve quite some attention. The album has no filler on it in my opinion, and is the beginning of an epic 3 part trilogy.

Hence my use of smilies, but whatever, no harm done. Just don't be so quick to throw such strong insults around, it makes you look as bad as trolls.
Quote by Ardius
Hence my use of smilies, but whatever, no harm done. Just don't be so quick to throw such strong insults around, it makes you look as bad as trolls.

This smily right here: is normally used after posting something witty, not to indicate pokeage of fun, so ummm

<--That right there however, signifies how awesome Amaseffer is.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Ardius
Someone needs to learn some geography

We still participate in quite a few supposedly euro-exclusive entertainment events, and we're pretty much unofficially european as a whole.

About this band, I've heard them for the first time 2 years ago. People started losing hope about this album, since it's been "in the works" for so long, with only snippets of information at a time.
As for the music itself, I wasn't too impressed. They're not bad, just not my style.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
^I wasn't Jewish enough to be up to date about them as you and my Israeli metal forum-going friend were, so I didn't know about the process this album went through. However, as a fan of Mabool, I find it hard not to love this.
I've found Jesus
Quote by dead-fish
We still participate in quite a few supposedly euro-exclusive entertainment events, and we're pretty much unofficially european as a whole.

Ah, but then we are into a debate of whether "european" should mean a continent or a political circle on a map. But whatever, off topic enough already.
so i read that mats leven is doing the vocals and was wondering if anyone knows if he was a member of dragon rouge(occult order guy from therion is in)?
Quote by petrucci is god
so i read that mats leven is doing the vocals and was wondering if anyone knows if he was a member of dragon rouge(occult order guy from therion is in)?

Wikipedia says nothing about it, so I'll assume no.

I'm liking Slaves for Life (the song). I'm getting the album as we speak.

I also read that Kobi Farhi (vocalist from Orphaned Land) does the oriental chants.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Jun 21, 2008,
This is so far up my alley i'm going to need a lobotomy.

Amazing find man, i'll definitely be tracking some of their stuff down.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Truly spectacular. I took some free time and listened trough the whole album, it requires your full atention for bringing out the details and scenes trough your mind.... gives you an amazing feeling afterwards..: P

You could say the story resembles how the new batman movies turned out, more realistic.. and with a darker setting.

Best part would be..in the song "Midian", when Angela Gossow kicks in.
Last edited by Eccer at Aug 3, 2008,
I heard these guys when this thread was first posted, though I didn't get the album.

They're pretty good. I really should get it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
"PA: You mentioned that this is a very theatrical production, is there any plan to take this on the road?

EY: Yes, sure! But not at the moment I'm afraid. It's important to us, beyond all financial or promotional aspects, to present the story from beginning to end at one time, in one show, on one night. And we don't want to play a third of the story... or two thirds... or two or three songs if we're going to do a presentation. It's very important to us to perform the whole story on stage, and we just have to wait a bit until the whole trilogy is out. It won't take long because chapter 2 and 3 are already written, so we'll take a couple... three, four years, something like that, until we put out the show.

It's going to be big and unique, like everything we did so far. We'll look at it... more like as a grand musical show, and not just a live show. It's going to be with the actors on stage, playing the scenes, in and between the songs, have a philharmonic on stage and all the effects and surround sound. It's going to be something really special we hope.

We have the script for the show so far, for chapter one. And as we progress with chapter 2 and 3 everything will be ready for rehearsals and to go and put it up. It's going to be a long show! About a 3 hour show, but it's going to be very very special."

Aiming for higher goals.. thats why they're so unique, imagine all that on stage. Omg I can't wait.
Last edited by Eccer at Aug 3, 2008,