check out my buddies band. not really my style but everyone seems to love paramore so youll like this.

http://www.myspace.com/defeorock
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
meh, bit too much like paramore for me.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
see thats the **** im talking about. who the **** cares if she is "as hot as haley" thats why i ****ing hate paramore because people only like them because haley is hot. how about you listen to a band based on musical talent and catchyness instead of attractiveness idiot.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
meh, shes not that great a singer.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by pmeg568c
see thats the **** im talking about. who the **** cares if she is "as hot as haley" thats why i ****ing hate paramore because people only like them because haley is hot. how about you listen to a band based on musical talent and catchyness instead of attractiveness idiot.

So you hate Paramore because people think Haley is hot. That doesn't make any sense.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
Quote by TheNinja
So you hate Paramore because people think Haley is hot. That doesn't make any sense.

no i never said that, i said i hate when people judge a band because their singer it hot. i don't like paramore because i don't like cheesy pop punk and i hate female vocals
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by pmeg568c
no i never said that, i said i hate when people judge a band because their singer it hot. i don't like paramore because i don't like cheesy pop punk and i hate female vocals

agreed
alright cool have fun listening to the most overrated easily accessible band ever when you could be finding new music similar to your taste.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
doesn't that bother you? do you not like to find new music? If i had your attitude i would be ignorant and cheating myself out of so many better things music wise.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
he is talking about the topic of this thread. im just saying, if you are reallly into paramore there are like countless other bands that do it so much better then them.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
I don't really dig it but I can see why people would, it's just as good as Paramore. Sounds a little like their early stuff.
I keep reading the title of this thread as "Devo- For fans of PARAMORE,"

Sadly, this band doesn't sound like Devo at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I keep reading the title of this thread as "Devo- For fans of PARAMORE,"

Sadly, this band doesn't sound like Devo at all.

Me too xD
Its not bad. nothing special though.
But lots of potential if the lyrics could be more powerful.
and the guitars are really predictable. almost all pop punk acts seem to have the same sound from their guitars. try something totally random. maybe something heavier to contrast the vocals. It could come out really cool.

but thats just me.
btw I'm not talking shit about your band, its all good.
just throwing in my two cents.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

hah it is not my band, my friend was in it but not even anymore. talk all the shit you want
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by pmeg568c

Quote by pmeg568c

Actually you did say that.
Member #15 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join

EMO DEFENDER #10

i love you dude! (in a non-gay way)
oh geez does it even still matter. if you would like me to clarify, what i should have said was, that isn't the reason i don't like paramore, but it is a reason people like them. If their singer was a downs syndrome girl who was mildly attractive, there would be nothing special about this band at all. get it?
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Heres, my problem. I went to see the coheadlining Jimmy Eat World/Paramore tour last year... It was horrible. A real shit show. I can't explain it you'd have to have been there. But I'll give you an idea

Doors open 7pm
Little kids flood the floor...
Paramore came on. *little kids scream*
Paramore ends.
Jimmy Eat World is starts setting up
2/3s of the audience leaves.

Here's a band (Jimmy Eat World) who have influenced so many bands in their (10 or so years of being together)... getting walked out on because of a band that got its break playing disney movie soundtracks or something similar...
Quote by mcraddict81592
Its not bad. nothing special though.
But lots of potential if the lyrics could be more powerful.
and the guitars are really predictable. almost all pop punk acts seem to have the same sound from their guitars. try something totally random. maybe something heavier to contrast the vocals. It could come out really cool.

but thats just me.
btw I'm not talking shit about your band, its all good.
just throwing in my two cents.

Original like My Chemical Romance? I mean seeing thats 1 out of like 4 bands you mentioned in your profile bud.
Quote by livingbankrupt
Original like My Chemical Romance? I mean seeing thats 1 out of like 4 bands you mentioned in your profile bud.

A) I dont think I've touched my profile since i made it...
B) I was just stating that their guitars sound like almost any other modern pop punk group. In contrast to bands like my chem, billy tallent, muse, or say anything who in my oppinion have more creative guitar parts that help complement the over all feel of the song. A lot of bands seem to just lay down guitars as something to play underneath the vocals, and while theres nothing wrong with that, it can be much more interesting music if the guitars are used to create underlying secondary melodies or harmonize with the vocals. Or even just using the guitars to accent certain points in the lyrics. thats all I'm saying, when I listened to the song. I didnt really pay attention to the guitars because they weren't very interesting.

thats just my two cents though.
well...more like ten cents. anywho.
just my thoughts, no need to get into a retarded internet fight.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by livingbankrupt
Heres, my problem. I went to see the coheadlining Jimmy Eat World/Paramore tour last year... It was horrible. A real shit show. I can't explain it you'd have to have been there. But I'll give you an idea

Doors open 7pm
Little kids flood the floor...
Paramore came on. *little kids scream*
Paramore ends.
Jimmy Eat World is starts setting up
2/3s of the audience leaves.

Here's a band (Jimmy Eat World) who have influenced so many bands in their (10 or so years of being together)... getting walked out on because of a band that got its break playing disney movie soundtracks or something similar...
Although this post should be in the Paramore thread, I agree 100%. I was so pissed when I heard that JEW was touring with Paramore.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Although this post should be in the Paramore thread, I agree 100%. I was so pissed when I heard that JEW was touring with Paramore.

damn Jews....
Quote by element4433

Seriously, at least they played a pretty good set. Bunch of Clarity tracks. Nothing from the earlier stuff though