http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99389

What do you lot all think of this? It's meant as a tribute to Baloff, which I can see makes certain sense, but I'm afraid that it'll turn out like First Strike Still Deadly, where despite the good production the bite and aggression of the originals is totally lost.

So, do you think that it's a good idea, or a terrible idea. How do you think Dukes will do the vocals? The benefits of this are that I can predict some amazing guitarwork from Holt and Altus.

Is this even necessary? I think a good remaster would have done.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Ehh... Imo, not a good choice
I have a feeling that the vocals will suck

I like some of the new Exodus stuff, but I don't think Rob's voice will fit with the classic material
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

its already a classic, and its already got good production quality... i think they're just doing this to get some new fans who like their new sound. ... its pathetic if thats the case.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

The vocals on the original sound like Axl Rose passing acid piss.

Thumbs up for a re-record for me; as long as it has a tighter old-skool guitar sound than the absolute ton-of-bricks heaviness of their last three albums.

Either way, this will be very interesting, and I look forward to it. I'm generally in favour of this re-recording trend, because the best thing about metal is how heavy it sounds. And frankly, a lot of old recordings just sound thin and weak, which works against it.
Quote by Kepulix

I like some of the new Exodus stuff, but I don't think Rob's voice will fit with the classic material

No dude, he's awesome. I used to think the same, but holy damn, I think I actually prefer Dukes on the older material. I just hope they release a live CD with Dukes.
Last edited by Vermintide at Jun 21, 2008,
>_> just had to be a bastard

anyway... well... dunno what to really say thats on topic... cause I dont really like Bonded By Blood :S lol
Quote by Vermintide
The vocals on the original sound like Axl Rose passing acid piss.

This is true.