I installed an alnico II pro humbucker in the bridge postion of my mexican strat expecting more sustain, power, and a fatter sound but that isn't what i got at all. Now I have a really thin, bright, almost embarassing sound with NO SUSTAIN that i feel was a waste of 90 ****in dollars.
Then dont mess with youre guitar if you dont know what you're doing? ^^

Get a proper humbucker to start with, or even get a P90...
how is this spam? i have a ****in problem that i need answered so suck a dick.
Quote by SHRED.
how is this spam? i have a ****in problem that i need answered so suck a dick.

chill out, you double posted the same thread, just close one of them and relax.
Yeah man, chill the heck out.

No one's gonna answer 2 of the same threads... well, yeah they will, but if you don't close one then a mod will for sure.

P.S.

Telling UGers to perform fellatio will not work well in conjunction with asking for help/complaining.
Quote by SHRED.
I installed an alnico II pro humbucker in the bridge postion of my mexican strat expecting more sustain, power, and a fatter sound but that isn't what i got at all. Now I have a really thin, bright, almost embarassing sound with NO SUSTAIN that i feel was a waste of 90 ****in dollars.

The Alnico Pro 2 is a low output pickup designed to work well in a naturally warm instrument like a Les Paul. It's fairly bright so as to complement the natural warmth of the mahogany - it's not going to sound great in a strat.

What amp do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah it sounds like **** in a strat take my word for it! haha my head is a marshall tsl100 jcm 2000 triple super lead and the cab is a marshall 1960. i also have another guitar, an epiphone sheraton which sounds ****ing awesome.
Last edited by SHRED. at Jun 21, 2008,
Duncan Custom Custom, Dimarzio Breed or Dimarzio Norton would all have been much better choices for you...maybe even the Duncan JB.

Having said that...did you double check the wiring on the Alnico Pro? I wouldn't expect it to sound great, but I wouldn't expect it to really be as terrible as you're saying. It's possibly wired in parallel, or even in single coil mode.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i wired it the same as the pickup that was in it before. the red wire went to the volume pot the black white and green went to the toggle switch.
Quote by SHRED.
i wired it the same as the pickup that was in it before. the red wire went to the volume pot the black white and green went to the toggle switch.

There's your problem then - should have read the instructions!

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w_as

Black RED and white should be attached to the toggle switch, the green is a ground so should connect to the back of a volume pot.

I don't know how you've wired it, but red and black are definitely connected to the wrong places, green and white *might* be.

Basically it's operating in permanent split mode at the moment.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by SHRED.

the duncan wire color is different...customer svc's was helpful.....duncan black goes where fender green was, white to white where was, duncan green where fender red was, duncan red where fender black was.
steven seagull thanks for the wiring diagram and by the way what is split mode?