I recently put some new rotosounds on my bass and I checked the intonation to make sure it was okay. I did this by playing the open note and by using a tuner I made sure it was the same on the twelfth fret. Now for my E string it was fine, but for my A string it was showing it flat at the twelfth fret and for my D string and G string it was showing it a little flat. Do you think I should adjust my intonation to fix the A string? I'm not sure if it's worth it to fix the D and G string because they are just a little flat at the twelfth fret but not a whole lot. What do you think I should do?
I don't think it is possible for a fretted instrument to have perfect intonation, if it's only ever so slightly flat I would leave it. Did you ever check intonation before?
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
I've never checked it before, just this time because I put on new strings. If I did adjust intonation, it would probably only be for the A string because the D and G are just barely flat.
Quote by ccmetz2020
I've never checked it before, just this time because I put on new strings. If I did adjust intonation, it would probably only be for the A string because the D and G are just barely flat.

Well definatly adjust the A but I don't think a note being ever so slightly flat is anything to worry about.
Gear:

Fender Jaguar Bass
Ashdown MAG300H Head
Ashdown 410 T Deep Cab
Epiphone Thunderbird
Squier P/J Bass
SKAK20BA Practice Bass Amp
Okay so I just got back I actually adjusted the G string for the heck of it and that's okay now but then I started to focus on the A string and this think will not just tune right!!! I keep adjusting the springs to go toward the neck because the twelfth fret note is a little flat but it seems to never fix it! For now I'll keep trying!

Edit: Okay, I believe that I have solved my intonation problem the best I can. The D string and A string are just barely flat at the twelfth fret and the G and E string are perfect.
Last edited by ccmetz2020 at Jun 21, 2008,
On your bridge there are springs connected to the saddles and on the back of the plate there are screws. If you turn them counter clockwise, it moves the saddles towards the neck and if you turn clockwise, it moves the saddles away from the neck.
Sorry for the double post but I have discovered a problem I believe on my bass. My A string is tuned but the first fret on the A string is showing up as a B on the tuner and I can tell that it is sounding off. I really need help on how to fix this problem. If anyone knows what to do, I would be greatful if they could explain to me how to fix it.