At the shop I work in, we've got one of these beauty's, and I reckon that if I'm given enough shifts at work this summer, I'll have enough money for it, with the justification that along with learning to drive next year and more focus on college and stuff, that if I don't get it now, then I won't be able to get the money together for at least maybe 2 years from now.

Does anyone have any experience with these guitars? If so, I've noticed that on the higher end PRS models, a few people have complained that the pickups are a bit...iffy, can anyone shed any light on this?
Funny words.
The custom 24 is perfect, haha :p but I've heard that the custom 22 has bad pickups
its a PRS its automatically sex made of mahogany. if you can get it, get it. they play very very well, they are the best made guitars IMO and they are extremely versatile.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by Simskre
The custom 24 is perfect, haha :p but I've heard that the custom 22 has bad pickups

no, it doesnt
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Quote by Simskre

Hmm, well luckily this one is a 24, although it's a standard, not custom, so considering PRS's aren't my speciality, I'm going to guess that the difference is similar to that between say, an LP Standard and Custom?
Funny words.
im not familiar with the standard models. are they set neck or bolt on. as for custom 24 and 22. these are worth every penny. the pickups are way surperior in everyway compare to gibson and fender and other brands. not to mention some models have the 5 way rotary switch which allow you to pull out any les paul and strat's tone easily.
^ Standards are set neck. CE's are the ones that are bolt on.

The only difference I've been able to find between the Standards and the Customs are the (admittedly stunning) maple top and glossy finish. Some customs have other nicer features like 10 tops or ebony fretboards, but they're usually purely aesthetic and cost quite a bit.

I wouldn't recommend getting one of the anniversary models because you're paying a $600 premium for a colorful maple top and because it's limited edition, which doesn't really matter unless you're planning on not playing it and selling it later on. Plus I'm pretty sure you don't get the option of a rotary dial on them as well. If you're looking for the best value I would suggest just getting a regular standard, unless you really find the satin finish too boring.
Last edited by T!AN at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
^ Standards are set neck. CE's are the ones that are bolt on.

The only difference I've been able to find between the Standards and the Customs are the (admittedly stunning) maple top and glossy finish. Some customs have other nicer features like 10 tops or ebony fretboards, but they're usually purely aesthetic and cost quite a bit.

I wouldn't recommend getting one of the anniversary models because you're paying a $600 premium for a colorful maple top and because it's limited edition, which doesn't really matter unless you're planning on not playing it and selling it later on. Plus I'm pretty sure you don't get the option of a rotary dial on them as well. If you're looking for the best value I would suggest just getting a regular standard, unless you really find the satin finish too boring.

Well, the place that I'm getting it from, it's £1500, which is actually better value than most of the other PRS's there anyway, plus I prefer then satin finish on it.

This is the one I'm looking at: http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/12818
Funny words.
Pickups are a matter of preference. I happen to like PRS pickups, but they do have a fairly distinct sound.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
PRS through a Valveking is all kinds of wrong, if you're going to spend that kind of money buy a nicer amp first.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
PRS through a Valveking is all kinds of wrong, if you're going to spend that kind of money buy a nicer amp first.

I have a Laney on the way.
Funny words.
The Standard is like the Custom, just without the cool maple top. But all the rest is exactly the same.

Don't worry about the pickups: the HFS/Vintage one the 24 are awesome for everything, and the Dragon II on the 22 the same, just with a more vintage character. None of them are bad pickups: in fact, they're much better than most pickups on the market (unless you go custom).

So man, congratulations and get it.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby