I was thinking about getting a new guitar this summer, but I'll be living in a tiny dorm room next year so its not the best idea. Instead, I was thinking about getting some new pickupus to improve the sound. Oh, and I'm currently playing through a Roland Micro Cube. I don't have any other options amp-wise. Do you think new pick ups would even help my sound?

Anyway, I play mostly Heavy Metal(Maiden, Priest, Sabbath), Hard Rock(GnR, AC/DC) and Southern Rock(Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, etc). I'd love recommendations on which pick ups would be best suited for all these types of music. I'm basically looking for something versatile enough to handle these genres well.

I don't really have a price limit at this point. I'm just looking for the best value for money. As long as its not ridiculously outrageous. Any help is appreciated.
I'd second the EMG-81. Unless you don't have a cavity in your guitar to place the battery.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Through a micro cube, a pup change is going to do very little, if anything. A new amp would be your best bet.

Peavey Classic 30 or Delta Blues would nail all of those tones.

But, since you are going to be living in a dorm, the best option would be a 5 watt tube amp and an OD pedal, or a Vox AD series amp, which sounds better for clean/medium high gain than the micro cube.
Quote by Crabhammer
I was thinking about getting a new guitar this summer, but I'll be living in a tiny dorm room next year so its not the best idea. Instead, I was thinking about getting some new pickupus to improve the sound. Oh, and I'm currently playing through a Roland Micro Cube. I don't have any other options amp-wise. Do you think new pick ups would even help my sound?

Anyway, I play mostly Heavy Metal(Maiden, Priest, Sabbath), Hard Rock(GnR, AC/DC) and Southern Rock(Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, etc). I'd love recommendations on which pick ups would be best suited for all these types of music. I'm basically looking for something versatile enough to handle these genres well.

I don't really have a price limit at this point. I'm just looking for the best value for money. As long as its not ridiculously outrageous. Any help is appreciated.

No, they won't.

If you want value for money then don't bother with pickups, you'll be shelling out for little more than a cosmetic change at this stage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Get a small tube amp as suggested earlier before thinking about a pickup change.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
If you're pretty satisfied with your tone, I'd have to recommend just saving the cash.

College gets expensive quickly....
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Save it man, you're not gonna notice an improvement in your tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You're going to need a versatile amp to hit all those in one shot. A Peavey Classic sure won't be that amp. You're going to want something like a Peavey Windsor, Marshall JCM800, Crate VC6 series, or a nice modeler