Hey guys. I have an ENGL Straight Head, and I haven't been able to use it yet because I have to get it fixed. I was wondering if anyone could decipher what tubes it uses from the manual. It has 4 6l6's now, but that might be why the fuse blew. Here's the manual: http://www.engl-amps.com/manuals/e501-om.pdf

If there's any more info I need to provide, please let me know. Thanks!
Under the technical specs it tells you what tubes it needs. 12AX7 and 6L6
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
It says right there on page 3 which versions use which tubes. Do you know if it's a first version (single plate supply) or second version (dual plate supply)?

EDIT: It looks like you could bias it for either tubes. However, when you have it fixed, make sure it's properly biased. On Harmony Central there's a fairly negative review and a fairly positive one. Apparently that model is known to break down.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jun 21, 2008,