Page 1 of 2
Guys i have this problem that i cant play some of the chords because my fingers cant reach over the whole guitar I struglgle a lot with playing F. Im olny 12 so is it ok?
STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have small fingers to, I am almost 18 lol. You just have to stretch a lot.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Won't be too long before they grow, just practise like one CAMF until they do. I'm pretty lucky to have long fingers
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by !3LEM3NT!
Guys i have this problem that i cant play some of the chords because my fingers cant reach over the whole guitar I struglgle a lot with playing F. Im olny 12 so is it ok?

I had problems with F when I was around 10. You'll get over it. It doesn't really have anything to do with your finger size.
Quote by !3LEM3NT!
lol but i cant i try

You have to stretch dude. Just keep at it and your fingers will be super flexible, so even when your fingers do get longer. You will have an unrivaled stretching span.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
my guitar teacher is ten years older than me, yet his hands and fingers are a lot smaller. he is an amazing player.. he can shred, play chord changes in quarter notes at a good speed, and just about anything else you can imagine on a guitar.. so although it will be tougher for you.. just practice, stretch, and work out your fingers. best of luck!
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
bend your wrist in a manner that allows you to reach, but gives you carpel tunnel (sp?) in the process

EDIT: Assuming you just started, it is hard to press down on the strings. It just takes practice...
Quote by !3LEM3NT!
orange?

A fail-worthy joke about Guitar Hero and how 12-Year-Olds can only play that, and never real guitar.

''Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.''
Albert Einstein
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
get a tape-measure right now, and measure your fingers and tell us how long they are. i'll then tell you how long my fingers are, and prove to you that your fingers aren't the problem.
i don even play GH i think its **** because u play on a fake lil guitar u can be pro at GH but cant play real guitar
Quote by !3LEM3NT!
i don even play GH i think its **** because u play on a fake lil guitar u can be pro at GH but cant play real guitar

Amen brother. you got a way with words
Quote by !3LEM3NT!

Exactly It is fun at big parties on a big screen etc, but it's when people begin to brag about being great at it. You just ask them ''Please do tell me, can you get a well-paid career in Guitar Hero???'' That always shuts them up.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by The Spoon
Amen brother. you got a way with words

we've got a rising elitist in our midst.

and TS, your fingers will grow, until then, just play

-----1------
-----1------
-----2------
-----3------
------------
------------

My mind is going. I can feel it.
yea if you're only 12 your fingers will grow
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by andyd93
Exactly It is fun at big parties on a big screen etc, but it's when people begin to brag about being great at it. You just ask them ''Please do tell me, can you get a well-paid career in Guitar Hero???'' That always shuts them up.

I'm good at both GH and real so I just rape everybody
the length of your fingers realllllllllllllllly doesn't matter. just like everything else in guitar with practice you can do anything.
1st of all, you're not really allowed on here are you? if your twelve?
+2nd, I started playing when i was twelve and had trouble. it doesnt have to do with hand size, more so how experienced you are with guitar. My fingers havent grown much since I was twelve and i can now reach all the things i couldnt reach then.
I can't reach to orange thanks (or even reach all the way around the neck actually) but I'm fine with it. It's how you use them instead of how long they are, they'll grow (hopefully, I'm like fourteen now).
Cool so that means my fingers will grow!!!woohoo.Although ive been playing violin for 7 years now.
Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

probably not the best way to introduce urself to ladies.....

Man: I play guitar...(ladies giggle)...and I have a small penis...(ladies laugh and walk away)
Quote by gnomieowns
I'm good at both GH and real so I just rape everybody

Run away!!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by domino_92
...and I have a small penis...(ladies laugh and walk away)

You do know that they can laugh all they want as long as they DO NOT POINT! LOL

I may not please um, but I can SURE TICKLE UM...

Chris
isn't the age limit on UG 13?

oops.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by andyd93
A fail-worthy joke about Guitar Hero and how 12-Year-Olds can only play that, and never real guitar.

''Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.''
Albert Einstein

dude that is the most reasurring thing i have heard in along time of **** i have had, thanks, my fellow wirraler ;P
"
Quote by venom0014
lulz **** guitar hero

lol it gave me a good laugh but seriously though you can be 12 and still play
Last edited by HeavyDT at Jun 21, 2008,
Page 1 of 2