Im looking for a brighter sound through a humbucker. I'm looking at the Seymour Duncan SH-11's for the bridge and the SH-1N's for the neck. Also seen the JB SH-4 for the bridge but don't think that it'll be bright enough. I have a 50watt Vox Valvtronix so please don't recommend and amp. Looking for more to try out. Here is the tone im essentially going for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW99vlyBt2k and the ESP Horizon's FR-II(or is it a FR-I?) comes with the JB/59's, but I have a feeling he doesn't play with stock pickups.... All help is appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by RichieKotzen at Jun 21, 2008,
the jb's brighter than a custom custom, from what i can remember...

and holy crap, that clip was trebly! o_O maybe get something like a dimarzio evo. which guitar is it for, and are you in the USA, europe, or elsewhere (affects prices)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, cool, thanks. i'm not sure how it'd work in a v, but if i were aiming for that tone in the USA on a vageuly sensible budget (i.e. not stretching to bareknuckles or similar), i'd probably look into the evo. But as i said, make sure it'll sound good in a v.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say keep the stock buckers, but hardwire the tone pot.
You'll get your brightness like your tone is at about 12.
If that's not enough, then try others, but start cheap(don't be afraid of GFS, rockfields, they're great)
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by RichieKotzen
http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/ Looking at the humbucker from hell.. Though I think that may be too bright. The evo 2 seems like a good one too. Probably more so than the HBFH.

You could stick one in the neck, I wouldn't put it anywhere near the bridge though
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You could stick one in the neck, I wouldn't put it anywhere near the bridge though

You got a modship? When? I'm glad you did, because you and Dave MC helped me a lot when I first started, but I don't remember what for......

<.<
>.>
Isn't the neck near the bridge?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
I would try a Seymour Duncan JB, DiMarzio Tone Zone or Super Distortion, or perhaps a Gibson 500T. I would also stay away from a Humbucker from Hell in the bridge; even with a 250k pot, it will be useless. On that note, if you want to go brighter, try 500k pots with your current config.
Quote by CJRocker
I would try a Seymour Duncan JB, DiMarzio Tone Zone or Super Distortion, or perhaps a Gibson 500T. I would also stay away from a Humbucker from Hell in the bridge; even with a 250k pot, it will be useless. On that note, if you want to go brighter, try 500k pots with your current config.

The Gibson V comes with 499 and 500T.
Quote by RichieKotzen
The Gibson V comes with 499 and 500T.

And that isn't bright enough o_O. Mine was pretty bright, even for a mahogany guitar imo. Do you know what the value of the pots are? Changing them as I suggested would be worth a shot.
Quote by CJRocker
And that isn't bright enough o_O. Mine was pretty bright, even for a mahogany guitar imo. Do you know what the value of the pots are? Changing them as I suggested would be worth a shot.

I don't know much about the pots. Ill go do some research.