Well today I was in my truck, and there were two friends with me, and we decided to go down this dirt road and do some fun **** like burnouts and stuff, and so we pull out of the road when we are done, and I think that I could have made the drift.......but I didn't...

Anyway, to make a long story short, I drove over a rock wall and got my truck jammed in a ditch. Both the friends I was with live right down the street from where we crashed, and so they ran home and got some supplies, but before they could get back, I hear sirens, and apparently some woman who drove by called the f*cking cops on us (no one was hurt, and we could have easily gotten it out with minimal damage). So ambulences come, a bunch of cop cars, etc. and I am under 18 and the law in Massachusetts is that if you get a speeding ticket or any violation, your license gets suspended for a MINIMUM of 6 months, you have a MINIMUM of $1000 fine, and you have to take a MINIMUM of 6 hours in an aggressive driver course. So basically the cop took down my license number, and name and stuff, and they said they would be in touch with the court date and stuff, meanwhile, the cheap ass tow truck guys pretty much yank the truck out with their crane thing, cause THOUSANDS more in damage (both axles COMPLETELY ruined, gas tank cracked, basically all under internals are done, and dents and paint chips are EVERYWHERE) and I started screaming at the ****ing ass hole telling him to let me get it out, and they just continued, and at that point I wanted to shoot them.

Anyway, so they have the evidence to prove I was doing burnouts, and I'm gonna be charged with reckless driving, and I will get all that ****.

So has anyone else had this happen (being charged with reckless driving)?

What should I expect at court? Are there any good ways of wording my story so that it sounds better???
Quote by Nakon14
pit =/= lawyer

this
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Expect to be offered the chance to secape charges by sucking off the judge. But YOU have to make the first move.
Quote by guitarmannn
Anyway, so they have the evidence to prove I was doing burnouts, and I'm gonna be charged with reckless driving, and I will get all that ****.

So has anyone else had this happen (being charged with reckless driving)?

What should I expect at court? Are there any good ways of wording my story so that it sounds better???

you're guilty, they have the evidence, your statement will count for nothing.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you're guilty, they have the evidence, your statement will count for nothing.

But I am asking for ways to get the minimal sentence.
Quote by guitarmannn

I told you. Suck off the judge.
Well, thats what you get for acting like a retard, you can't blame somebody for calling the cops when they think somebody might be hurt or something.
Quote by Nakon14
pit =/= lawyer

More like..
pit =/= Lawyer, Doctor, Midwife, Teacher, Guidance Councellor, Miracle worker, Reliable person to ask for advice.
rawr
Quote by guitarmannn

it's your first offence (I assume) so as long as you turn up, be polite, dress smart and act as though you actually regret doing it i.e. the usual, you should only get the minimum sentence.

what might work against you is the shouting at the tow people. but there's nothing you can do about that.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by guitarmannn

**** me thats the ****ing system in motion for you. What could of been a 30 minutes to free the truck, no one hurt, nothing damaged, youre not gonna face obliteration.

Thats why i hate the world we live in today, you can get arrested for anything nowadays and no ones afriad to ****in rat on you.

Tbh i think you're utterly ****ed, if i knew that they could do that to me id of just ****ed off and later on in the day reported the truck stolen. Ive done it with my jeep when i got it stuck at the beach. Cost me £100 to get it out the pound but i got away charge free.

Learn from it.
Don't be a retard, problem solved.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
From what you've said

1.you were driving down a dirt road with your friends
2. you drove recklessly (burnouts, drifting, driving over a rock wall into a ditch), which is illegal, because if someone was on the road or near the road they could've been injured.
3.old lady calls cops because she hears a crash so she thinks someone might be hurt
4.you continue dicking around until cops get there
5.cops charge you for reckless driving, which you've admitted that you did
6.you're whining about being charged with something illegal that you admitted you've done, and now you're asking for legal advice from the pit

ALLLLL ABOOOOOOOOARD THE FAIIIIILBOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by I Am Jack!
More like..
pit =/= Lawyer, Doctor, Midwife, Teacher, Guidance Councellor, Miracle worker, Reliable person to ask for advice.

Actually the Pit is a pretty reliable source of information.. if the only questions you have are related to rape and/or fapping.
So you drove recklessly, with other people with you that could've been killed, you screw up and are lucky nobody actually got hurt, some women calls the cops because she might think someone could be hurt and the faster the response the easier to save someone it is, and then you bitch about being charged and losing license knowing very well it could happen.

At least you'll be off the roads for awhile, yay.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Be polite and dress nice as someone already stated and act like (and I hope you do) regret what you have admittingly done, it'll definetly help lowering your sentence.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Td_Nights
So you drove recklessly, with other people with you that could've been killed, you screw up and are lucky nobody actually got hurt, some women calls the cops because she might think someone could be hurt and the faster the response the easier to save someone it is, and then you bitch about being charged and losing license knowing very well it could happen.

At least you'll be off the roads for awhile, yay.

+1 man, you dug your own grave with that one.

Maybe...don't do burnouts? And if you're going to, do them in your own driveway.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Poor you. The "****ing" cops came to your aid due to quick smart thinking by a random stranger looking out for your (and others) best interests. You and your friends could have be injured, forget about your stupid car. Drivinig like that, I will be very glad if your licence gets supended.
UG is not here to give you legal advice.

i don't want UG to be responsible if someone gives you bad advice and then you follow it, so don't ask questions like this here.
from daylight...
...into darkness