Well pit, I'm going paintballing for my first time tomorrow. I'm going to be renting equipment at the field and stuff. Is there any tips that any of you paintballing UGers could give me?

Also, discuss paintballing here.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Don't stay out of cover for long distances, be aware of your surroundings, if you're playing in a large field, listen for ruslting of bushes. Armor is useless, just wear thick clothes. Rent Anti-Fog goggles (Trust me, you'll thank me later).

Also, woodsball > speedball.
Never take your mask off. (unless in the staging area)

Always have your barrel cover on when in the staging area.

Have a **** load of fun. I've been playing for 5 years, and I am on a D2 team that has played in the NEPL. In all my experience, I have seen 2 people leave the course without an eye. It isn't pretty.
Quote by MightyAl
Save up for one of these bad boys.

How much does it cost without the optional nerd?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by LinkManDX

Also, woodsball > speedball.

Woodsball take close to no skill compared to speedball. Only true paintballers play speedball.
go for the crotch, wear a box. not personal experience (never been) but friends advice
Quote by Dillona
NME: OMFG DEY HAZ TIGHT JEENZ N MESSY HAIRZ!

LETS COVER THEM IN OUR MAGAZINE FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS! .

Metallica 08.07.07
I'm goin paintballing next weekend

Um if you go in a group of people (like 2-4) DON'T TALK. All my idiot friends always just walk around casually and talk and get ambushed. I usually always go by myself, decked out in full camo and just roam around unseen, waiting for the unsuspecting idiots

This is if you're playing in a forest type map. If you're playing in an small arena map, I've got no advice. I only play in forests..
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by guitarmannn

Woodsball take close to no skill compared to speedball. Only true paintballers play speedball.

Speedball = electric hoppers, 5000000 bpm guns, shooting wildly,

anyways, if it's your first time, don't be a wuss, just charge straight at the enemy team at the start, doing your best to keep cover, becuase for the first 10 secounds that's what the other team is doing too. Also, don't stay in one place for too long, you will get pinned down and shot up.
Of course, if the tank isn't an option:
Look ROUND or THROUGH cover, not over it.
Quote by Deadmen
Speedball = electric hoppers, 5000000 bpm guns, shooting wildly,

All those guns are semi-automatic, meaning 1 trigger pull, 1 ball is shot.

You have to develop fast fingers.
^Correct. I have a PM6. no ramping, all fast fingers. For the record, both speedballand woodsball require skill, but speedball is a more andrenaline-filled, fast-paced game.

If you want to keep up with the big boys on the speedball filed using a rented gun, you'll have to play smart and conservatively. Before the break, PLAN. Let your team know which bunker you're rushing to off the break to avoid confusion, then position the team on the net depending on where everyone is going.

As soon as the ref yells go, don't shoot and run, you won't hit anything. You're not skilled enough yet and frankly, with a 98, you're not putting much paint in the air. So just run straight for your bunker and slide in on your knees. Stand up, take short, quick glances where the opposing players are and listen to your team. You will hear them call out bunkers with opposing players behind them. If you see someone make a move, YELL.

Here's how you shoot: keep your marker straight up, lean out sideways keeping as tight as possible. Keep your elbow tucked in, press your body and gun into the bunker. pop, tuck, shoot, get back, and switch sides. Keep your eyes open. Keep communicating, play aggressively, an don't make any first moves. Let the more-experienced players make the initial moves towards the 50, but don't fall behind. Keep your part of the offensive line strong.

That's assuuming you're playing hardcore speedball. It should be much easier than that if you're playing with beginners.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401