hey everyone
I'm 14 and i've been playing acoustic for a long time and i am going to get an electric guitar soon.

the problem is i dunno weather to get a tele or a strat
whats the differences and what do you recommend?
and are ibanez's only good for metal?
well, the electric ones, the vast majority yeah.

Personally, a blue telecaster = sex machine :P

there isnt much difference apart from shape, depending on what pickups, the strat could have a cleaner tone.
YEh i agree Usually Strats and Teles have better clean tones.Well Ibanez guitars are quite adaptable to any style really.But if you are deciding between a Strat or a Tele id say a Tele all the way.Fantastic tone out of those things.
I've heard Telecasters are typically more for funk. Strats pretty much do everything.
What style of music are you going to play?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Anthony1991
well, the electric ones, the vast majority yeah.

Personally, a blue telecaster = sex machine :P

there isnt much difference apart from shape, depending on what pickups, the strat could have a cleaner tone.

sorry, but the sunburst tele is the sex machine. :P

Both have pros and cons. Personally I like the tones of a tele (esp. the neck lipstick tube pickup) but a strat is much more comfortable to play.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
the ibanez rg is only really good for metal, but they have some others that dont look like they're built for metal, i believe the artcore series is a semi-hollow series, a tele is more for like bluegrass (unless modded) has a thicker body and has 2 pickups that are different than a strat. a strat is better for like classic rock and can be used for a lot of solos too. the strat has a trem bar whereas the tele does not. i personally prefer the strat, but im not a huge fender fan to begin with anyways.
the ibanez rg is only really good for metal, but they have some others that dont look like they're built for metal, i believe the artcore series is a semi-hollow series, a tele is more for like bluegrass (unless modded) has a thicker body and has 2 pickups that are different than a strat. a strat is better for like classic rock and can be used for a lot of solos too. the strat has a trem bar whereas the tele does not. i personally prefer the strat, but im not a huge fender fan to begin with anyways.
i own a tele and its a allround guitar you can play anything on them i hear even metal O_O

if you get a mim Stan tele dont change the pick ups i did and im thinking of putting the stock back in my opinion mim are perfects

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
ok well i'm gonna start playing with some guys probably in a band but i won't be lead because another guy is amazing

so would a tele work for like backup/rythm
i don't really know what kind of music we'll be playing
Quote by james9119
ok well i'm gonna start playing with some guys probably in a band but i won't be lead because another guy is amazing

so would a tele work for like backup/rythm
i don't really know what kind of music we'll be playing

If you're just starting out on the electric, I'd recommend something versatile like a strat with an HSS configuration. It's humbucker will provide great rock and metal tones while the single coils are excellent for clean stuff. The strats with SSS configuration or teles are nice guitars, but because they only have single coils, are limited to music that uses medium gain settings at best.

If you want advise at what to buy:
How much do you want to spend?
Do you already have an amp?
If yes, what kind?
If no, keep in mind you will have to pay for that as well. Generally speaking, an amp that matches the guitar quality wise will be at least as expensive as the guitar itself.
easy go play the before you buy

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
you cannot forget the ceremonial Guitar Cener Raid.

its simple to preform. just enter your gc, then in turn take each guitar you are considering to each amp you want.

when you find what you want, there ya go.

its the passage into guitarism. without it you dont know what your missing out.
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
yeah thats what i play on doing

and i still have to get a little more money so we'll see
I dunno, i'm really happy with my MIM HSS Strat. Like someone said before, you have the humbucker for rock but the single coils for lighter stuff.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?