Hey guys,

Looking for an OD pedal to boost my solos. I play a Schecter S-1 Elite with Bareknuckle Miracle Man/Cold Sweat pickups, through an ENGL Screamer 50 combo. I play heavy punk/hardcore.

I'm looking for an OD which will provide a little more gain, fatten up my sounds, and provide a mid/treble boost too so I'll cut through the mix.

My budget is about £100 max (roughly $180).

Thanks in advance!
if you want a mid hump, than maxon or ibanez tubescreamer ftw
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Yeh i would either pick a Ibanez Tubescreamer or maybe a Boss MT-2 or Boss ML-2.
Quote by Menzaine
Yeh i would either pick a Ibanez Tubescreamer, not a Boss MT-2 or Boss ML-2.

Thats better.
Theres plenty out there:
Krank Krankshaft
TS9
TS808
Maxon OD9
Maxon OD808
Digitech Bad Monkey
BBE Green Screamer

Just try them and see what you like best.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
i read about the seymour duncan twin tibe mayhem (in guitar world) and it has more controls than the tubescreamer and is probably more for metal, but whoever reviewed it said it was a good pedal and had a true bypass. although this pedal is out of your price range you might want to look into it.
I use an ibanez ts-9 DX and it's really useful as a boost since it has multiple channels that change where on the EQ spectrum it boosts. In one case it boosts the base, and another it boosts the mids, for example. I would check it out.
you have **** hot pups and an egnl and want MORE gain

look at an OCD, those are supposed to be bitchin
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Also, look at a Weiser Drive by The.Spine.Surfs.

They sound good as hell.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you have **** hot pups and an egnl and want MORE gain

look at an OCD, those are supposed to be bitchin

Hehe, touché. The Cold Sweat at the neck isn't quite as hot, so the extra gain is just to bump it up to the level of the Miracle Man. I'm more after the tightness, the cutting through the mix and the mid hump than anything else.
i heard the OCD was more aimed for creating a sound along the lines of most classic rock bands such as cream, etc. But for boosting, i know this pedal get the **** flamed out of it. But the Zw-44 is great for boosting and already overdriven amp. Admittly a TS will beat for a blues sound, but for boosting the zw-44 is brilliant and im not even a zakk wylde fan. And no it isnt a boss SD-1 before someone says it, it is tonally different.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by el_jimbo
Hehe, touché. The Cold Sweat at the neck isn't quite as hot, so the extra gain is just to bump it up to the level of the Miracle Man. I'm more after the tightness, the cutting through the mix and the mid hump than anything else.

MXR 6 band EQ has an 18db boost, thats some serious OD. and you can dial in all manner of sounds. mid hump, more bass etc etc
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.