Okay so in an hour im leaving for my first gig. Its not that big of a deal, im just sitting in with a band for smoke on the water. ive only practiced with the band once and that was last night for about an hour tops. it went pretty smoothly, but im just nervous about the solo. ive been playing for just under a year but i think im pretty good for the time ive been playing. i can nail the solo at home but im just afraid ill screw it up when im playing it live. im not usually a nervous person i just dont wanna screw it up for the band. i could really care less because im not looking to be famous or anything, i just want a good time. im 15 and the rest of the band is 30s atleast, im not sure but definately older than me.

dont ask how this all got arranged, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but i was just wondering if you guys had any tips. nothing like imagine the audience in their underwear or anything, like i said im not usually a nervous person. im just nervous of getting nervous. hopefully this makes sense and if it doesnt then ill just bs my way through the solo if i mess up.
i get nervous 5 mind before a gig. and im the singer! =P

go sit in a corner and take a few deep breaths.

find a way to calm yourself down before you go on.

im not a nervous person either but it happens to the best of us
synths wrote: no one gives a shit about Franz Ferdinand.
Reply: Explain WWI to me then please?

I'm also a very nervous person. There's two things that can happen, you can own the solo like a man or **** it up. Which ever it is you are still gonna be living tomorrow, it's not that big of a deal. I think of things that way and the nervousness just goes away. Hope it helps for you.
EDIT: 5 minutes*

Try not to worry about it, cause it'll only make you play worse.
Well I was in the same situation as you. I had to play the solo to Enter Sandman and I had been playing for under a year. I could also nail it at home, but being the very nervous person I am, thought I would mess up live.

I went to my show, played it, and amazed many with only a couple small, unoticable mistakes.

I would say not to worry...I was freaking out, but you just suddenly get a rush which stops you from pissing your pants
Pre-gig jitters. They'll go away once you start playing. If they don't well just try to loosen up, and remember if you're not having a good time up there, the audience isn't having a good time.
As for the solo, if you mess up something small, nobody's going to notice. I once had a friend who played at a gig and their band played Californication. After the first 4-5 notes he improvised it and had somebody come up to him after it was over and practically praise him for "nailing it just like the cd". He wasn't even close, but he stayed in key and it sounded just fine.
1. The term i think you ment is "i couldnt care less" NOT " i could care less" the latter implies you do care..

2. sorry for being a dick..

3. If you screw up dont worry about it, just carry on. And if you really really screw up, just make lots of noise and dive bombs etc, until the end of the solo.
a drink maybe.

no energy drinks.

or caffeinated.

you shake like a fool (Y)

thanks. yeah, i guess im just worried about it because it all i do. i dont wanna look like i spend all this time in playing and still suck. but your right no matter what happens ill hopefully still wake up tomorrow =]. besides it smoke on the water...you CANT f*** that song up. its too simple
At the last gig with my metal band i messed up a song completey because i started laughing my ass of during a solo because all of a sudden i came to think of that cat/shark picture. It wasnt as embarassing as it was hilarious.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

if you really screw up. throw your guitar.

that way you'll wake up AND be remembered for one thing at least =]

Jump around backstage a little. Jump like a fool onstage. Feel your feet on the floor. I know that one's weird, but it works, actually. Always remember you're playing for the audience and to have lots of fun, and to show it, cause the audience likes that.
1. The term i think you ment is "i couldnt care less" NOT " i could care less" the latter implies you do care..

thank you. thats what i always thought it was but people in frigging CT speak broken english and it pisses me off. now i know for sure nobody speaks with proper english around here.

and um, cant drink im under 21 =/

no dive bombs, using a les paul. thatll come to my advantage seeing as that guitar is so damn sexy, people will be looking at that more than hearing my occasional screw ups. sorry im proud of my guitar. =]
Quote by Gord@k
At the last gig with my metal band i messed up a song completey because i started laughing my ass of during a solo because all of a sudden i came to think of that cat/shark picture. It wasnt as embarassing as it was hilarious.

Sucker
whatever you do, makes sure its not obvious you mess up.
So dont stop or anything, just carry on and hope no one notices

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Quote by greekboy slim
now i know for sure nobody speaks with proper english around here.

I speak proper english. But I am a proper english person so that is to be expected is it not?

Anyone for elevenses?
I speak proper english. But I am a proper english person so that is to be expected is it not?

i meant around here as in my town/area of residence
you had an hour to practice smoke on the water..........................mistakes will not be tolerated.

just relax.

My mind is going. I can feel it.