This to do with the other laughing thread.

But what actually makes you laugh?
as in, in your head, why do we laugh?

and why do we laugh when somthing funny happens

you get me?

EDIT:
i mean scientificly, not what makes you personally laugh

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Last edited by ishalleatyou at Jun 21, 2008,
Your mom.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Those wacky pictures of cats. Oh man do people have a real good sense of humor, and even higher IQ's.

/sarcasm
Whenever someone fails at something i can do. How every damn thread seems to have someone giving advice about rape/fapping/rape her then rape her dog THEN fap.
I don't think he's asking for examples on what we find funny, I think he's asking why we laugh in a physicological sense- like what causes the laughter reaction, and why it manifests in the way it does.

I might be reading to much into it though.
sometimes random stuff.

and things like, at college, you had to wait for upto 10mins for the printer to print. you go out the room after 10mins, frustrated, and it comes out the printer. lol
I read somewhere that we laugh when our brain does not know what to do - when facing absurd or paradox situations. Seeing as I find random sh*t pretty funny, this makes a lot of sense.
Misfortune of others. Things that other people don't find funny I tend to laugh till I pass out on. I'm that sad ^_^
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
some say it comes from fear.

apes/chimps make a laughing kind of noise when they're scared so it's built into our brains to laugh about things that scare us; which is why there are so many jokes about sex/drugs/drink etc. and it could also explain why we laugh at the misfortune of other because we wouldn't it to happen to us.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Idk what they are called, so we could just call them "happy endorphins" for now.

When you are in a good mood your brain has a bunch of them spread out, in turn you are in a decent mood.

When your brain is utterly confused or in a humorous situation, it doesn't know what to do, so it pumps out an extremely fast and large dose of happy endorphins.... and I guess you laugh?
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
I remember hearing something about tickling, and that your body reacts like its being tortured. The body kinda goes into a nervous breakdown and you laugh, but you instinctively pull away from it because its being forced upon you (like torture)

Thats why you can't tickle yourself.
No one knows.
The theories are that it is the result of the brain being given a small amount of information, and relying on that as a means top process further information, then when it gets the next part of information it realises it has made an error, it creates a physical response and you laugh.
For example in a joke, the set up and the punchline are both statements that make perfect sense separately, but together they create surprise or they are an exageration of a real situation.

What is big, white, and if it falls out of a tree on to you will kill you?
You try and think of a big white animal or bird, but when the punchline is:
A fridge, you then laugh because of the absurdity of a fridge being in a tree, and your brain, still trying to think of an animal, realises it has been thinking along the wrong train of thought.

Also the reason why jokes in certain formats are predictable, because you learn the pattern, and the reason why once youve heard a joke, it's usually never as funny the second time round, your brain expects it.

I also read this somewhere:
Another theory is it is to do with being social, as in arcane i need to get a female and **** it for children social, not being social just talking to people in a civilised way. The response of a laugh attracts their attention or something.

EDIT:
Quote by Hamburglekins
I remember hearing something about tickling, and that your body reacts like its being tortured. The body kinda goes into a nervous breakdown and you laugh, but you instinctively pull away from it because its being forced upon you (like torture)

Thats why you can't tickle yourself.

The reason you cant tickle yourself is because you know exactly wher you are going to touch yourself (steady), because your brain is telling your hand what point to touch.
Whereas you cant tell where someone else is going to touch you exactly, and the build up of anticipation is what causes the laughter.
Last edited by <Craig> at Jun 21, 2008,
I laugh at videos of people getting nutshotted on YouTube.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!