Not really, but I thought it would get a lot of people in here.

Anyway, I need to get a half stack by July 19 for a show my band is playing.

I'm going to end up financing it, which is fine, and I don't want to spend more than $1000 for the whole thing.

I've decided it's fine if it's solid-state, but just not a sucky one.

My band plays hardcore stuff, similar to The Devil Wears Prada (but we're not a ripoff of them). You can hear us here. We recorded with a 5150 head.

I don't have a preference right now; I'm playing through a Line 6 Spider 2, 75 watts, which sucks.

Suggestions, please!
Last edited by jamscopti at Jun 21, 2008,
tube halfstack sub 1k$? fail.

i bet you can get away with a combo, you'd get a much better one.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Why do you NEED a halfstack?

Surely you just need an amp that can provide the tone you want at gigging volumes?

Used 5150 combo wins...flawless victory!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why do you NEED a halfstack?

Surely you just need an amp that can provide the tone you want at gigging volumes?

Used 5150 combo wins...flawless victory!

+1 to Steve.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
If you go used, you can get much cheaper but you have to pay up front. But saying that I got my Peavey XXX half stack for $600, i think ebay has a credit card you may want to check into that
Lol, tube combo. FTW.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by patriotplayer90
If you go used, you can get much cheaper but you have to pay up front. But saying that I got my Peavey XXX half stack for $600, i think ebay has a credit card you may want to check into that

I need to finance, and I'm 15, I don't have a credit card.
I'm not gonna help you out of principle. I even considered reporting this because of the misleading topic - you'll get plenty of hits if you state the real topic, no need to be an ass and mislead other people.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by Fama
Bastard. I'm not gonna help you out of principle. I even considered reporting this because of the misleading topic - you'll get plenty of hits if you state the real topic, no need to be an ass and mislead other people.

¿umm, you're a queer?
Quote by jamscopti
¿umm, you're a queer?

You're 15 allright. I'm only two years older, but at least I can act mature.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
You're 15 allright. I'm only two years older, but at least I can act mature.

I aimed to get a good amount of people in here; and it worked. If you think you're being all mature and having principles, you're a dumb **** and you're gonna die a virgin.
Get a tube combo... you won't be able to find a decent half-stack for less than $1000.

I recommend a 5150 combo or a used Peavey JSX combo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Nobody is going to finance a 15 year. They would have no legal way to hold you to paying them back. So your gonna need cash or somebody else to finance for you. And insulting people usually gets your thread closed.
Get a Marshall MG halfstack.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?