Why when I play "Eb phrygrian, position I" scale it sounds bollocks/incorrect over the Eb chord?? I cant figure out this stuff at all lol. I wish to learn all the modes and be able to apply them but its alluding me
Do you know the theory behind the major scale yet?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Eb phrygian is Eb Fb Gb Ab Bb Cb Db
An Eb chord is Eb G Bb

The Gb in the scale clashes with the G in the chord
Eb phrygian would be better suited over an Ebm (Eb Gb Bb) chord
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by dazzlepecs
Why when I play "Eb phrygrian, position I" scale it sounds bollocks/incorrect over the Eb chord?? I cant figure out this stuff at all lol. I wish to learn all the modes and be able to apply them but its alluding me

The basic reason: you're trying to play a minor scale over a major chord.

You obviously don't have too much of a background in theory, so scrap Phrygian and all other modes for now and learn the theory behind diatonic harmony first. Begin with studying the major scale.
Quote by dazzlepecs
Because phrygian is a VERY dark mode. Especially if your playing it over major chords, which sort of makes a phrygian dominant mode. It's normally played over minor chords.