hi,

so i have a ibanez s470, and i like to do crazy stuff with my whammy bar, and it all went well until thursday. the low e string goes out of tune whenever i do this whammy bar stuff. sometimes bigger, sometimes just slightly, but hearable. what can be the problem?

and as i said, all went well until that day. after i tune back to e standart(from drop c if it matters) i like to do the test(wank off like never before, on the whammy bar that is) which sometimes takes up to 2-5 minutes. and it fails it since thursday.
you changed tuning with a floating trem with out checking the bridge

you need set it up, there is a thread on this.
well no, basically i just tune it to e standart, i dont change the spring tension, cos i dont use the tremolo in drop c anyways..
and as said before, i do that always.
Quote by thisdude
well no, basically i just tune it to e standart, i dont change the spring tension, cos i dont use the tremolo in drop c anyways..
and as said before, i do that always.

it doesnt matter if you Touch the Bar while your in Drop C, youd still need to adjust the spring tension to keep the bridge in the Right position. Thats how floating bridges work. I havent spent a Lot of time on the s470, so i Dont know how stable its bridge is, but if its never done it before then you just need new strings probobly.

Set it up for E yourself, or Bring it to a shop. Get some new strings, and it shouldnt give you any more trouble.