So iv narowed it down to the Bugera 333XL 212 and Randal RG50TC. Im kinda iffy about the Bugera because they are so new, and I never hear anybody talking about them. I play mostly metal, Killswitch engage, As Blood Runs Black, Slipknot, Bring me the Horison... So what do u think is the better amp? i dont care that the Bugera is louder, but i just wanna know which has the heavier better tone
Thanks
is it pronounced "bujera" or "bughera"?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords

Its not spanish.

The bugera beats the RG50Tc hands down, the RG50Tc is pretty muddy and fuzzy sounding, and I have played it myself. I havent played the bugera though but judging by the clips I've heard about it it sounds fantastic for the price, MUCH better than the Randall.
I just came back form a guitar store and tried out the Bugera 333XL for the first time, it is a great sounding amp, the two distortions it has are great for metal. The cleans, well i didn't mess with them too much so I can't really comment on that but it did sound good enough for me, maybe a little tweaking would be better, I'll try that next time. Now as far as the Randall goes, well I don't know about that model but I have a Randall Rg200 which is a solid state and It's not so bad actually and I have tried another Randall with tubes which also sounded pretty good but like I said I dont know about the TC. I say go with the Bugera, it sounds amazing and I know since it's new that you're unsure but I personally guarante that you will love it.
Just try them both out if you can, they're pretty different amps. And I think it's pronounced bugera
Quote by UnsignedRecords

second one i think.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
The Randall is sweet, I tried teh head version (RH50T, saving up ), and the OD channel was AWESOME - tons of clarity, definition, and just awesome tone.

I wasn't expecting much with the clean channel, but I was pleasantly suprised . The cleans were very smooth, and crystal-like, and the boost switch was a nice added feature .

Definitely recommend the RG50TC - assuming it's like the head/cab, tone-wise.

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Its not spanish.

The bugera beats the RG50Tc hands down, the RG50Tc is pretty muddy and fuzzy sounding, and I have played it myself. I havent played the bugera though but judging by the clips I've heard about it it sounds fantastic for the price, MUCH better than the Randall.

it's a hard j...
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
second one i think.

thanks b.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Its not spanish.

If you've played the Randall you would know it's far from muddy. Stop joking yourself with "Bugera".
yea please no brand prefrences, saying its good or bad simply because of the brand. I just want to know which beats which tonewise
Thanks again
it's all up to preference. you need to try out both to find out the real answer.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Try a Randall RM50S. You won't be disappointed. Research it, you'll see what I mean. It's a hybrid. A sweet tube amp with different amp MODS, not the other way around (ie. Line 6). Check it out!
Quote by DiMeTiMe

If you've played the Randall you would know it's far from muddy. Stop joking yourself with "Bugera".

I mean, it wasn't bad by any means, it was actually pretty good, but still a lil' muddy. It might have been because I couldn't really crank it 'cause I was in a store...
But I STILL think the Bugera sounds better.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
ask in the bugera thread?

Where is the bugera thread? i cant for the life of me find it
My buddy bought the Bugera 333xl head and cab. It was good for the price but i wasnt to impressed by it. It had really ice picky cleans while the distortion was way muddy and to bassy for any clarity in it. Also the build quality was iffy kinda. I own a VK 212 and that thing is a tank compared to the bugera. The knobs on teh bugera felt like i could pull them off real easy as compared to my VK. Plus it just idk seemed cheap looking to me. I personally like the VK better. Also sometimes it seemed as if my VK 212 had more low end then the bugera. But aside from all the things i said it is good for what you pay for. Though i wouldnt recommend it to you. My vote is for the randall or some other amp.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
I'd say the Bugera. Just be sure to have a tech change your tubes so you don't void the warranty you very well may need.
They definetly are try to have as many people void the warranty as possible so when the amp breaks they won't have to give a new one
Quote by yocomobebes
It had really ice picky cleans while the distortion was way muddy and to bassy for any clarity in it.

It sounds to me your friend doesn't know how to EQ his amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Wait? Isn't this the same guy that posted another thread on this topic. Well, in any case, I've played the Randall, and its pretty decent. As for the Bugera stuff, I use and abuse it all the time and it sounds excellent. I've never tried the 333 series, but the 6260 and 6260 are perfect for that type of music. It's going to come down to your ears though
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge