any help on starting a black metal band and playing the style.sherch barred nothing came up...

I am lead
And i got a Ryth player on board
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Last edited by Rizzo228 at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by No U
Don't play Black Metal.

well i already play death metal..how worse can it get..people hate me a lot already
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by No U
Don't play Black Metal.

I don't think I've seen any of your posts longer than that. Stop giving useless advice.

I'd say listen to classic bands like Darkthrone and Emperor and try to emulate their style. Look at their tabs and try something like that at first. From there you develop your own style.

Quote by No U
Death Metal is so much better.

Shut up.
I've found Jesus
I want to try something different though thats the thing..any suggestions on a different kind of metal..i could play??than??
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Rizzo228
well i already play death metal..how worse can it get..people hate me a lot already

You don't seem to understand Death Metal or Black Metal to begin with.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by guitgrinder
Trade your guitar for a keyboard?

no... I'll find a key board player later
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Dunno man, practice lot's of single-note tremolo picking your harmonic minor scales... open minor chords, flat 5th's, and add reverb to your sound. Thing is, what "style" of black metal do you wanna play? Blackened Death? Symphonic? Raw?

...I'm really not the best person to ask about this (ironically, that's the 2nd time I've had to say that today). Anyway, just find black metal you like and go from there.
Quote by Rizzo228
so any serious help??

I gave you serious help. Thanks for ignoring it.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
I gave you serious help. Thanks for ignoring it.

sorry didn't see it Bud..probably best advice i got today and i checked them guys out..and it seems simple enough..so build on their style..and make it my own?
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by Rizzo228
sorry didn't see it Bud..probably best advice i got today and i checked them guys out..and it seems simple enough..so build on their style..and make it my own?

First step is to familiarize yourself with black metal.
Second step is to be able to emulate exactly what they're doing.
Third step is to use the techniques they use but incorporating your own melodies and rhythms.
Fourth, you bring in your own influences and develop style by experimentation and practice.

Music theory definitely helps in song structure, but listening to bands and looking at tabs can give you a basic idea of that (or looking through UG lessons)
I've found Jesus
Quote by Contraband
First step is to familiarize yourself with black metal.
Second step is to be able to emulate exactly what they're doing.
Third step is to use the techniques they use but incorporating your own melodies and rhythms.
Fourth, you bring in your own influences and develop style by experimentation and practice.

Music theory definitely helps in song structure, but listening to bands and looking at tabs can give you a basic idea of that (or looking through UG lessons)

thanks
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
so my ideas are chopped liver? I gave you better advice than he did!

Step 1. Buy a keyboard
Step 2. Wear Corpsepaint
Step 3. Play fast flat-5ths and melodic minor scales/chords
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit!!!
Quote by guitgrinder
Dunno man, practice lot's of single-note tremolo picking your harmonic minor scales... open minor chords, flat 5th's, and add reverb to your sound. Thing is, what "style" of black metal do you wanna play? Blackened Death? Symphonic? Raw?

...I'm really not the best person to ask about this (ironically, that's the 2nd time I've had to say that today). Anyway, just find black metal you like and go from there.

That's actually pretty much it. If you are playing pure black metal though, you don't need two guitarists.