Alright everyone, i have got around 650$ to spend on a guitar. I would rather not spend that much but i could get it if I had too. In every market, there are those few guitars that are just really great for the money, and could be put up against guitars 3x and 4x their price. I however, do not knnow of all of them. I have been told the Epiphone SG G-400 is a really good deal by several people, but I kind of wanted to see what everyone else thought.

P.S. - I can pretty much go up to around 1,000$ if I'm just short on cash, but I would rather not, because I would have to work a few more weeks
1. What amp do you have?
2. What kind of music are you interested in?
3. What would you say your skill level is right now?
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
1. Spider III 120 watt (no one call me a noob ha, I got it so my friend and I could have the same amp and get it sounding the same when we play). Or at least thats what I will be playing on most until he can afford a new one .

2. Anything from just straight clean to heavy metal is what I will be playing.

3. Eh, Maybe like Intermediate?
what other amps do you have?

And i would say look at some Les Pauls, such as an Epiphone Les Paul custom, or elitist.
120 watt piece of crap. You should have been like "I'm not wasting money like you did. *buys awesome tube combo. friend cries*

What is your current guitar.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Ibanez RG350Ex, and I don't know what the other amp is I would have to check. I think is a 45 or a 75 watt though and I know it has tubes.

EDIT: Fender Vibro Champ XD 45 watt
Last edited by A-A Incorp. at Jun 21, 2008,
Quote by A-A Incorp.
I don't know what the other amp is I would have to check. I think is a 30 or a 75 watt though and I know it has tubes

This might not be good...

But why are you using the Spider with your other guitarist? This might seem selfish but it's your tone, and that you should have your own uniqueness to your own taste, not to just sound the same.
By the way I found out what amp (two posts up). And when I bought it, I didn't know much at all and he had been playing 3 years. Now its funny I know more than him.
Never heard of the fender, and how much will you be playing clean? Its kind of a big deal. Do you like the thinness of your Ibanez's neck?

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

yeah the thinness is fine, although I would change. I guess around 40% clean and 60% metal respectively.

If you just want a guitar, I'd say the DK2. If you want both and tube, then I'd say the MG series Jackson and the B-52.

Quote by A-A Incorp.
Alright, are you a big fan of Jackson guitars?

Yes.
I have this: http://www.activemusician.com/item--EM.291-1103-503

But I added a killswitch. I'm also a big fan of Ibaneze. I want an RG badly, after playing a 350x. I like the overall feel of the maple neck of mine, mixed with the rosewood of the fretboard. If you don't like Jackson, pick a different brand =) I don't like low end ESPs though. CRAP.
It wont feel like your Ibanez, but it would be versatile: http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN134700

i would preferebly suggest to get a paul reed smith off of musicians freind, my freind has one and just adores it, ive played it and its beautiful, wonderful sound and easy to play. that my opinion though
USED homie
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
used? why? it feels better to buy a new clean one without scratches dents or anything, used isnt much cheaper anyway
Quote by supersexy
used isnt much cheaper anyway

haha thats a good one...

but in all seriousness, look used.
Quote by Martin Scott
This.

Already been answered, look next time.