Alright this is kinda a waste of a thread but I just need to find someone on here who has dreads and knows a lot about them and is willing to PM with me so I can get some info directly from someone who has them. Anyone who feels they can fulfil that duty just post here....thanks.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
i was wondering this too, just google something bout it, and i did that and i found this one site that was really helpful and it sold supplies and products for your hair.
www.myspace.com/getwellcards

"et quand le jour arrive la tourner el ciel et la tourner la mer et la mer eh ven embrasse moi et la deneh ve moi logis"
you should go to the actual hair dressers the first time
and they will explain it to u
the internet is full of sketcy information
I seriousley thought about it for a while
found this site really useful http://www.knottyboy.com/
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
The internet is full of bad advice. Seek a knowledgeable friend. Most people with dreads will do your hair or help you out for an eighth and some beer, in my experience.
had dreads for 4 years the best site for info is knottyboy.com they have online lessons on how to dread it your self and they have all the best products as far as wax and beads n such. best advise i can give is be patent and take care of your scalp.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
yeh just go to your hair dresser and ask them your questions
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
People always tell me I have nice dreads. They aren't dreads, however.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Are you a Rastafarian?
Are you a Predator?

If your answers to both these questions are no, don't get dreads
Quote by tepelsteeltje
Are you a Rastafarian?
Are you a Predator?

If your answers to both these questions are no, don't get dreads

Why?
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Why?

because they are the only people who look good with dreads
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
because they are the only people who look good with dreads

I lol'd
Ok, first of all thanks for all replies so far (well most of them haha).

One of my main concerns is this: initially I'd heard you had to cut your hair down to like two inches when you were sick of the dreads (not something I was too eager to do), but recently I heard that there are alternative methods that allow you to keep your hair. Whats the deal with this?
-John Lennon
Quote by Punk Rocker
Ok, first of all thanks for all replies so far (well most of them haha).

One of my main concerns is this: initially I'd heard you had to cut your hair down to like two inches when you were sick of the dreads (not something I was too eager to do), but recently I heard that there are alternative methods that allow you to keep your hair. Whats the deal with this?

It's sometimes possible to comb them out if they haven't locked up too tight. I tried doing this when I cut mine since the roots hadn't locked yet, but it didn't really work out for me, and I just pretty much buzzed my hair.
Quote by Punk Rocker
One of my main concerns is this: initially I'd heard you had to cut your hair down to like two inches when you were sick of the dreads
It depends on your hair. My sister has combed hers out...her hair has survived it.
Alright thanks....one other thing in regards to getting rid of them: theres also apparently some sort of conditioner or something you can soak the dreads in which will make them easy to comb out. Any input on this?
-John Lennon
they say you can comb em out but i found that that longer i kept mine the more imposable that was going to be. the longer you have em the tighter the knots become if your already thinkin of cutting them off then i would say there prolly not for you bro.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!