long stry made short:

Broke one of my strings today. Someone told me i should use nylon strings becasue they don't break as easily. But thats all I was really told.

Is there any real advantage to choosing nylon over metal strings. Do they typically sound better or worse on an electric guitar? Do the really break less often than steel strings? Becasue if thats the only advantage than screw that.
Nylon strings wont work on an electric guitar lol

that is unless your not actually bothered about plugging it in...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Nylon strings and a pick break more. Also, although the will work on some electrics depending on the bridge, the pickups wont pick up their sound, so they wont work through the amp. Certain pickups can amplify nylon string sound adequately, but less than .5% of eletric guitars have such pickups. What you need are higher gauge flat wound electric guitar strings.
Wel thanks for being nice about it and not calling me stupid or anything.

like i saidthat really was sure, and was kinda hesitant bcasue i had never heard of doing that with an elictric guitar before
lol i actually chuckled alittle bit cuz i never heard of nylons that work on electrics
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by nyandres
Certain pickups can amplify nylon string sound adequately, but less than .5% of eletric guitars have such pickups.

Its impossible for electric guitar pickup to pick up sound from anything other than a metal string.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Its impossible for electric guitar pickup to pick up sound from anything other than a metal string.

I think he means piezo pickups.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Nylons do seem to break less on classical guitars, but you have to also keep in mind that the metal strings on a classical guitar are also different from what electric guitars use.

No real point on placing them on an electric though.